The weather started out rainy and gloomy. I thought this would keep people home but when Ellie and I arrived at 10:30 (the event began at 10:00) we were number twenty. As we waited close to forty-five minutes the numbers doubled. Fortunately Ellie did not melt down since our wait caused us to pass her nap time. I really do not think she will be chosen but it was a fun experience. AmyBeth and Kelsey had come with their kids so I sat with them and we chatted while we waited. Ellie and I stopped by Jon's office to see his latest invention (project) before heading out.
AmyBeth invited Ellie and I to join her and a couple other moms for lunch at Cafe 110. I decided to see how Ellie was doing since she seemed to be feeling under the weather. Apparently the Motrin was helping because she held it together while we ate lunch. I only stayed until I had eaten and paid because I did not want to push my luck. When we came home she had been awake for close to four hours and went right to sleep.
Her nap lasted less than an hour so we hung out and cuddled. I had piano lessons to teach in Elverson at 3:30 and Mom offered to babysit. We went over to her house a bit early to spend some time with Mimi and then I left and came back two hours later. Ellie was sleeping so Mom and I talked wedding and then she invited Jon and me over for dinner. I will never refuse a dinner invitation!
![]() |
| Watching a video of Aunt Rin |
Dinner at Mom and Dad's was a wonderful treat especially because I did not know what we were having for dinner (I was leaning towards grilled cheese and tomato soup) and Jon had a meeting at church at 7:00. Poor Ellie woke up from her nap with red eyes and a runny nose. She played with the toys and sat in the high chair while we ate but was definitely tired an hour later when we headed home.
I put her down and she fell asleep at 7:45. Since then (it is now 10:00) she has woken up three times crying. Poor girl. I go in and just hold her, which doesn't cause her to stop crying but I can let myself think it helps. She's not much of a cuddler so when she becomes cuddly I know that she is about to fall asleep so I put her back in the crib. I put a couple blankets under the one end of her mattress so it is elevated in hopes that it will help her breathe better. She is really congested.
Ellieisms:
A sick baby is a sad baby.

Poor Ellie! I bet Charlotte's kid gets picked because the people are biased. If they're not biased than Ellie is a shoe in!
ReplyDelete