Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Onion Snow

Apparently when it snows after onions are planted and starting to sprout they call it an onion snow. That happened on Monday, or so I was told. Forecasters predicted 6-10 inches and although it snowed almost all day we only received about three or four. Since it was snowing in the morning I decided to skip the gym due to the roads not being treated. Instead I put dinner in the crockpot and cleaned up the house a bit.
As a result of the snow two of my lessons canceled while the other two still came. The roads were getting better as the afternoon progressed so our company was still able to come over at 5:30.
We had the Grossos over. They have a three year old son, Cameron, and six month old, Hannah. Dinner was pork roast, egg noodles, salad, and rolls. When we sat down to eat Cameron noticed the brownies on the counter before we even started eating. Good eye, Cam. After having brownies and ice cream for dessert we hung out in the living room and helped foster Ellie and Hannah's friendship.
friends
Cam wanted in on the pictures.
I suppose Ellie was excited from our company because she had a terrible night of sleep. She probably woke up five times and I did not have any self-control because I nursed her each time. Ellie thanked me by sleeping three hours at the very end and woke up at nine. Originally I had considered going to the gym but I felt too tired to make the effort. Instead I pretended today was Saturday.
After our busy weekend I thought a day "off" would be nice. Instead of doing laundry or housework I worked on my quilt for Ellie and just hung out with Ellie. We worked on her rolling over and crawling skills. She also ate some peas and applesauce.
Ellie doesn't really get the whole crawling concept
When I lay her on her back on a blanket this happens.
I had to go teach a piano lesson in Elverson and Ellie was due for a nap. I went to Mom's house early to put her down for a nap. She went to sleep and I did some Bible Study work before heading to teach. When I came back Dad was playing with Ellie on the floor.
Jon came home from work shortly after we arrived home. We ate leftovers and Jon left for two evening meetings he had. Ellie went down later than usual but it was fun to hang out a bit more. She has been a coughing and making some noises so I hope she sleeps better than last night!

Ellieisms:
Ellie's new favorite toy is her rubber ducks for the tub.



Family devotions
Let's pray.

1 comment: