I attended the yoga class instead of the later BodyPump because Katie and Wyeth were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for breakfast and we had been invited, too. Grandma pulled out the old waffle maker and Wyeth and Ellie chowed down on some oranges along with Grandma soft waffles. Tasty!
We had to leave when Ellie was getting cranky at 10:30, plus Katie had to head out as well. Kelly texted and asked if we wanted to go on a walk and I thought Ellie would fall asleep in the stroller for her nap. Apparently I am an optimist because she did not fall asleep and we ended up stopping at Grandma and Grandpa's house so I could nurse her since she was crying. We kept on our walk and she finally fell asleep as we were passing Elverson Supply on our way home. She was awake before the driveway and I put her down for a nap in Mimi's crib.
A lunch was being held about ELI (Equipping Leaders International) at the community center. Kelly stayed at Mimi's while Ellie napped and I went and had lunch while listening to the presentation. I left at 1:15 and Ellie woke up as I walked in the door. Kelly and her kids headed home for naps while Ellie and I swam before heading home. I taught a couple lessons in the afternoon and ate dinner. Jon had to work late so Ellie came with me to Bible Study and he came home shortly after we did at 8:45.
![]() |
| Enjoying the pool |
![]() |
| Happy to see Dad! |
![]() |
| Helping me with my sewing |
I had been reminded earlier this week of Vera, an amish lady who sells cut flowers for a good price, up near Shady Maple. I stopped by and she wasn't to be seen so I took some flowers and left the money - I hope that is acceptable. Then we went to Good's since I needed some craft supplies and a drain cover for our bathtub (I haven't used it for Ellie's bath yet because we haven't had a plug). To Ellie and my joy it was free ice cream day. I stood in line and Ellie and I split a scoop of oreo cookie - delicious.
![]() |
| Taking a bite |
![]() |
| It's so good it hurts. |
I was very glad I left because Ellie started crying in Churchtown and cried the rest of the way to Elverson. I went to Nana and Poppop's house and put her down for a nap, leaving the monitor for Jon (who was helping Poppop on the playhouse) to listen for Ellie. I went and taught Abby Hoke a piano lesson then came back. Ellie was up and sitting in the yard watching the men work. She obviously didn't sleep long enough because she cried when she saw me then cried in the car when I took her with me to pick up some things for dinner at home.
Sunday is Doug and Donna's 40th Anniversary. Earlier this week Jon and I contacted the siblings and we arranged for a dinner Friday evening. Dan and Amanda couldn't make it but Donna picked up her Dad, Grandpop, to join us. Ben and Jess grilled steaks and brought a salad, I made potato wedges and broccoli and brought rolls, and Brittany made cobbler and brought ice cream for dessert. It was an enjoyable time and I hope Nana and Poppop have a wonderful anniversary on Sunday.
We hung around until Ellie woke up at 10:00. I'm not sure if she's feeling well because of her crying while we were driving then she cried for a long time when we came home. I would pick her up and rock her and when I would sit still she would kick her legs until the rocking resumed. It took a long time to get her to sleep so I hope she's feeling okay! She didn't have a high temperature so perhaps she was just cranky from her long afternoon.
Ellieisms:
Ellie has finally noticed the piano pedals. During the piano lessons on Wednesday she would crawl under the seat and try to get around their feet for the pedals. I would grab her before she reached their legs, though.
We've been working on "So-big" and Ellie raised her arms in the air once while we were doing it. Jon and I aren't quite sure if it was intentional or accidental yet...jury's still out.
![]() |
| Fist-pump |








Can't wait to see Ellie! Emy has yet to notice the piano pedals here so Ellie must be a lot more observant than she is!
ReplyDelete