Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We're Back!!

Ok, I apologize for the hiatus. I wasn't sure anyone read the blog anyway but apparently at least one person does because she requested that I return to keep the world wide web up to date with the happenings in Geigertown.
On Father's Day Jon was not spoiled (like some Dads...oops) and he made us breakfast and got Ellie ready for church. Thank you, Jon. I was signed up to help with Pre-K and Kindergarten during second service but Ellie was the only child in nursery and was crying because she was tired. I ended up taking her home and someone from nursery took my spot. Ellie went down for a nap while Jon and I snacked on cheese and crackers then he opened up his Father's Day gift.
Ellie bought Jon a track pad for his computer. It's basically a mouse just like you would have on a new MacBook but for his desktop. Jon had mentioned a couple months ago that he wanted one so Ellie really pulled out all the plugs by getting him it.
When Ellie woke up from her nap it was around 1:15. We headed to Exeter and went to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate Jon. Ellie enjoyed the rice and refriend beans and Jon and I shared our meals with each other. We didn't have any leftovers - it was all delicious.
We came home and had a bit of time before heading back to church for the evening service. It was evening communion. We came home and hung out before heading to bed - probably even watched an episode of White Collar.
Monday I spent time grocery shopping and preparing for Carly and her kids to come to town. We put together a Father's Day lunch in honor of Pops. Jon grilled burgers, dogs, and vegetables, I made baked macaroni, baked beans, and dessert, and Kelly brought all the toppings for the burgers. We ate outside at the picnic table and Caleb, Carly, Josh, Kelly, Jon, Mom, Dad, Me, and all the kids enjoyed quite a feast. Mom and Kelly had a meeting for church and Dad had a different meeting so they scooted out fairly quickly. Josh and Clark were close behind but the rest of us hung around to roast s'mores. Jon started the fire and Jay dutifully burned up about half a dozen marshmallows in the little flame Jon had made. At 7:30 JereScott Bradshaw came and Jon helped him make a gift for his wife. They were using the table saw, chop saw, nail gun, and more all in the front yard for our viewing pleasure. Ellie was way too excited and stayed up until everyone left sometime after 8:30.
Tuesday we went to Grandma's house for lunch. Ellie had a doctor's appointment so I didn't go over to Mimi's to hang out with everyone until after her nap. Grandma served up a delicious lunch (I ate alone since I arrived late -- at 12:15!) and the kids played with all their toys. It was quite a gang with six adults and six kids. Afterwards Ellie and I went to Mimi's and I nursed her before heading to the doctor's office. I left the paper with the stats on it in the car so I will write what I remember:
Ellie at 10 months:
  height: 5th percentile
  weight: 46th percentile - 18 lbs 8 oz
  head: 18 inches

It was technically her 9 month appointment but she was exactly 10 months old. Basically she is short, fat, and proud of that. The doctor said she looked great and to keep doing what we're doing. I can do that.
After her appointment we went to Grandma's house because I had some piano lessons to teach. The second one wasn't home so I came back early and took Ellie home. It worked out because she was tired and ready for bed. Jon came home and we ate then went to Elverson. Jon dropped Ellie and I off at Mom's house while he and Dad went to a Mission's Committee meeting. We hung out with the Brusts while he was gone then headed home afterwards.

Ok, two days. Good not great. I'll try to continue the catch-up tomorrow! Ellie has been hitting a lot of milestones so I better write about them before I forget...and I'll post pictures, too.

Ellieisms:
Ellie is crawling more confidently. She doesn't seem to notice she's the baby around here because she'll crawl right up to the older kids and play with their toys.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog!!!! I was happy to see you updated! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to keep it updated just for me, I can just call you regularly!

    ReplyDelete