Ellie woke up at 8:45 and I packed us some pumpkin bread for breakfast and then we headed to Elverson. After spending the evening with Nana, Pop-pop, and Great Grandma Mountz the girls decided to spend time together this morning. Grandma had just woken up and she was very excited to see Ellie. I think she thought we were just popping by because she was hesitant to leave the room to get ready for the day until I assured her we were staying until lunch. Pop-pop was off at work but the four of us played, chatted, and ate lunch together. It was so nice to be able to get out since we would have felt really cramped inside! Ellie doesn't last long at home.
![]() |
| Grandma shared her breakfast with Ellie |
![]() |
| Determined |
![]() |
| She thinks she's a big kid |
Corinne and Daniel came at 6:10 and we gave them some directions (vague, confusing directions really) and pointed them towards their dinner (leftovers, really glamorous) and said adois. It was very nice to have people who love Ellie take care of her! They gave her a good report.
Allegedly Ellie wanted us gone because she was cranky when we were home and as soon as we left she stopped, looked at Corinne and Daniel and smiled doing her scrunchy nose/weird breathing thing. That baby. She ate a bit before Corinne changed her into her PJs and they played. While Corinne and Daniel ate their chili Ellie gestured towards her highchair so they put her in it and she refused any food except for the chili. Only negative: she spit out all the beans (and it was a vegetarian chili=tons of beans). She spent some time showing off her mad skills in the Johnny Jump-up while Daniel laid on the floor right by her. She would dance around and stop it, spinning and directing her body like a pro. I would have liked to see it! She went down at 7:45 so Corinne and Daniel hung out in the basement and got some work done while watching a movie. Thank you, Corinne and Daniel, for watching Ellie!
Meanwhile Jon and I had a fun time at his office dinner. Kenney Chang, the head guy from Taiwan, was in town and we all went to the Reading Country Club for the event. I sat next to Olivia and Nate while next to Jon was JP and his wife, who we had over the other week. It was nice to get out and meet more of Jon's coworkers.
| Obviously we didn't coordinate |
Ellie apparently loves babysitters and doesn't care when her parents are out of the house.
Maybe it's because she fell down a few steps while Jon was watching her. He said it was only four or five and she didn't even cry, really.



You cut your hair!!! I remember you saying that the beauty school girl cut it too short and I guess I never noticed really until that picture. It looks good and probably doesn't take anytime to hair dry!
ReplyDelete