Following Precepts Kelly was looking at a house in Elverson that was up for sale and she invited Mom and I along since we were all at church anyway. The house was very exciting for Clark and Ellie with the staircase and lack of furniture. Clark would keep me aware of Ellie's doings with "uh-oh!" as she would move in any direction away from me. He'll be a good big brother.
On our way home Ellie and I stopped by the Dollar Tree to pick up disposable dishes for dropping off meals. She napped and I made pumpkin bread until my piano student showed up at 3:00. Ellie woke up at 3:30 and I made the meal for a family with a new baby. We called and warned her that we were on our way then dropped it off. We came home and made our own dinner (same dinner) then Jon arrived. He played with Ellie and stacked wood in the basement and prepped the fireplace.
I had Bible Study at Brittany's house and Tara met up with me at my house to carpool. At 6:00 Aunt Esther called and asked if Nick's girlfriend, Dani, could also carpool with me. The three of us went out and were gone until almost 10:00. I had put Ellie to bed before leaving but it didn't work because I received a picture text and a video from Jon of the two of them hanging out in the basement watching the fire. I think Ellie knows when Dad's in charge so she can stay up late and hang out with him.
Thursday morning it was rainy and gross. We went over to the Grosso's house and spent time with Charlotte and her daughter Hannah, who is six weeks younger than Ellie (they were supposed to be one week apart). The girls played nicely
![]() |
| Concentration |
That baby was out of sorts and cranky today. I don't know if it was the cold and rainy weather but she was not happy. While I worked in the kitchen she was clinging to my legs moaning and crying. I would take her into the living room and play for a few minutes and she would stay behind but not for long. The meal I was making took longer than it needed to but we finished. Ellie and I ate dinner then dropped this meal off and took advantage of having some free time by stopping at a used furniture store. They had a lot of stuff but the prices weren't quite to my liking so we left without any purchases.
Ellie was spending the evening with Nana and Poppop while Jon and I went to small group. I dropped her off and left when she was eating more dinner in the highchair. She wasn't sad to see me leave.
I picked up Jon and we were at small group until 9:30. When we picked Ellie back up she was sitting between Nana and Poppop on the couch just hanging out. She had slept for about an hour but was woken up when Poppop walked up the steps (they are a bit creaky). She received a good review and went right to sleep when we came home. Now Jon and I are appreciating our new fireplace insert in the toasty, 75 degree basement.
| Snagged this from Char's Instagram |
Ellie points to her nose when I ask her where her nose is. We practice this in the car (she watches me in the review mirror) and even demonstrated it to Nana and Poppop this evening. Sometimes her finger lands up her nose.
While we were driving around this afternoon I was feeding Ellie goldfish and she would fuss when she wanted more. I would say "more" over and over and eventually she was saying "muwa" when she wanted another fish. We'll see if it happens again.

Maybe Ellie is getting teeth? Anytime Jay has a cranky day I usually discover some tooth is breaking through.
ReplyDeleteYou need to post some recipes when you mention making food! i feel like i am in a drought for new recipes!
Soon Ellie might be saying "gamie!"
ReplyDelete