Ellie was asleep before we were out of Elverson - Bible Study tires her out! She slept for two hours or so while I cleaned up the kitchen (we always rush out for Bible Study after breakfast) and picked up the basement. Once Ellie woke up I decided to try to tackle the organization of my linen closet. Using the boxes we had bought at Target I had it all emptied and half repacked before Ellie was just done! She was fussing and clawing at my legs. I decided to give up and wait until Jon came home. I made dinner and when he walked in I finished it up, we ate, then I headed off to Bible Study. It is always nice to get out and spend time with some girlfriends on Wednesday evening. Ellie was sleeping when I returned but she woke up a couple times in the night. Jon said I could bring her to sleep with us so I did but she thought that we were having a party or something. She would hit Jon on the back and just talk to us. Every so often she would lay down but it never lasted long. After an hour I finally conjured up the energy to put her to sleep in her own crib.
Thursday morning poor Ellie was sick! She was coughing, sneezing, had snot all over. I felt really bad for her. We spent the majority of our day just hanging around and trying to help her feel better. We did take some time to run to Walmart for some much needed groceries. I think it helped Ellie forget her sorrows and tire her out. She took some good naps, which was a blessing. Thursday evening Ellie went to bed at 6:15 then Jon and I hung around and enjoyed one of his last evenings home before his business trip. Ellie didn't wear a costume at all for Halloween because of her croup but I didn't tell her that she missed trick-or-treating. In fact we didn't have any trick or treaters stop by our house. More candy for me! Ellie was up for an hour or two in the middle of the night which was hard. I felt really bad for her.
Friday morning Ellie was feeling a little better but was still showing enough signs of croup that I didn't want to take her into the childcare at the gym. I didn't even want to take her to church with me to help Elisha set up for Queen for a Day. Fortunately Jon was coming home early from work because of the trip. We lost electricity at 8:30 and it didn't come back on until 11:00. Jon hung out with Ellie, chopping wood and preparing the house for him being away. I came home from helping at the church at 12:45 and we ate lunch and Ellie went down for a nap.
Before leaving for a trip Jon usually has a hard time relaxing the night before he leaves because he is always thinking about what has to be done. To help him enjoy his last night home we decided to invite some people over to play FIFA (the boys) and do crafts and chat (the girls). Omar, Peter, and Brittany came around 8:00. Corinne and Daniel had a presentation in a small group nearby so I told them to come on over afterwards and they showed up at 9:30. Brittany brought a bag she is making and I worked on Christmas presents for the nieces. When Corinne arrived we basically just chatted while the boys played various FIFA tournaments. Jon definitely enjoyed his last night at home and our guests left close to midnight. Fortunately he didn't have to leave until 10:00AM the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment