Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jon's Days Off

Monday morning we started our week slowly. Jon had off for his usual compensation day for traveling over the weekends and he was truly in recovery mode. I hadn't gone grocery shopping recently so we were out of cereal, orange juice, and eggs. Fortunately Weaver's Orchard has delicious apple cider donuts in the fall that I have been wanting since I ate one at Hannah Kurtz's wedding so I ran out and picked up half a dozen along with some Twin Valley Coffee beans. Welcome to America, Jon.
We spent quite a bit of time lounging on the couches in front of the fireplace. It was nice to sit and relax. At 9:00 Hunter came and spent the morning with us while Jon worked in the basement. After lunch I finally showered and Jon did some work around the house. At 2:00 I had two students and Jon watched Ellie. He had her outside with him as he loaded up some wood in the basement and organized his shed. Ellie loves watching him work. She must have been tired from being outside because she took a brief nap before dinner.
Supervising window washing
Brittany texted me in the morning and said that her school was having a fundraiser at Chick-Fil-A and asked if we wanted to order dinner from there and we eat together before the congregational meeting. Jon and I never turn down Chick-Fil-A so Peter and Brittany came bearing chicken at 6:00. We ate together then headed to church.
The congregational meeting was good and Ellie behaved in childcare. I picked her up and brought her back to the sanctuary for snacks and she walked around like she owned the place. When we got home she went straight to bed and Jon and I watched a TV show together.

Tuesday Jon had a second compensation day due to his traveling nightmare that caused him to come home a day late. Ellie and I definitely enjoyed having him home again! He spent some time raking leaves, unpacking, and he painted a door. Ellie watched him rake and wash windows. It was snowing early in the morning but just cold later. Kelly lent me Josh's baby snowsuit so I put Ellie in it to go outside to watch Jon work. She looked hilarious! Poor babe.
At 3:45 Ellie and I left and she went to Grandma's house while I taught a lesson. A grocery trip was desperately needed to we ran to Walmart and grabbed our items then went to Mom's house. Mimi had agreed to watch Ellie during my two evening lessons since I had Jon running out to Reading to pick up some items for our basement. Ellie was sleeping when I returned but woke up. Jon and Omar had brought the furniture pieces into the house but I had them bring the buffet for under the TV downstairs after they had relaxed a bit. It was nice to finally have the furniture I had been looking on Craigslist for for weeks.

Ellieisms:
Ellie gives out loud kisses voluntarily.


No comments:

Post a Comment