Hunter and Ellie kept each other entertained. At 11:15 I was startled by my neighbor (Chuck) came over and asked if he could use my washer and dryer because his Mom's (whose he usually uses) was broken. I didn't know what else to do so I allowed him to use ours. Elisha came shortly after him and we chatted and she headed home.
Lunch was at Grandma and Grandpa's house, as usual. Kelly, Clark, and Maya also came. Ellie was a bit cranky and clingy - I blame it on her recovering from the croup and the possibility of new teeth. Maya showed off her army crawl and even demonstrated her ability to get up on all fours.
![]() |
| Helping with Maya |
Joie Culbert invited us over for dinner since Jon was away and she made a delicious dinner. Her kids were very welcoming with Ellie. They brought her toys that weren't too small and pushed her around on a rocket riding toy. She seemed to have a great time!
Tuesday morning Ellie slept in (after her usual 6AM cup of milk) so we had to quickly shower and clean up the kitchen for our company. Hunter was once again coming for the morning and I had also invited Sarah and her seven week old, Teo, and Charlotte and her two kids Cameron (3) and Hannah (1). I made some baked oatmeal and had yogurt, apples, and juice. While we were eating Ellie became really possessive of her highchair, fussing whenever Hannah was closer to it than she was. I don't know why she was worried because I had another highchair for Hannah in the attic. Odd baby.
![]() |
| She would guard it when Hannah was in the kitchen |
I took her to Gibson's house for my first piano lessons where she hung out with Calla. Then when I drove through Elverson to the next lessons I dropped her off with Grandpa and Grandma.
Grandpa said that Ellie behaved and Grandma asked us to remain for dinner. She made a delicious meat loaf, potatoes, and carrots. Ellie had eaten some before our dinner. She lasted in the highchair for about two minutes then she sat on my lap and ate my meatloaf. She refused the carrots and potatoes but gladly ate the meatloaf. It was the oddest thing.
We ate dessert then headed home. Ellie seemed tired but fought sleep for a long time. She was coughing up mucus so after she had fallen asleep but woke up coughing I turned on the shower and had her in the steam for a while. I hope that it helped.
Ellieisms:
Ellie was very cautious around the Culbert's cats. When they would walk by she would freeze and watch them.
Hunter brought an apple this morning that he was nibbling on all morning. I gave her her own apple which she "ate" for a good thirty minutes.


No comments:
Post a Comment