Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ellie Misses Nursery

Saturday morning Jon was up early preparing for his trip to China. He finished up packing and then made pancakes for Ellie and I for breakfast. He was all ready to leave by 9:00, an entire hour before he had to actually leave. So we decided to play a game to pass the time. Jon won best out of three in Sequence then left with a spring in his step after the victory.
After Jon left Ellie was starting to get cranky so I put her down for a nap. She woke up around lunchtime. We ate then played until we left for a bit to tire her out. She spent probably forty minutes playing in the tub after her bath - I brought my computer into the bathroom as she splashed around. We went to Goodwill and a couple consignment stores to see if we could find a good deal on a dresser/storage unit for my craft stuff. We came back empty handed. I decided to try to put Ellie down for an afternoon nap but she fought me. I'm not sure if she slept at all but at 5:45 we left for Dad's house.
Playing with Pops
Sometimes playing is tiring
Dad invited Daniel, Corinne, Ellie, and me over for dinner since he had plenty of leftovers and Mom was on her way to Texas. It was a lot of fun! I brought a salad and we had ice cream and candy for dessert. Ellie went to bed after we ate and the four adults played a round of Settlers of Catan. I hadn't played for months, maybe a couple years. We were all generous and allowed Dad to win, since he was such a great host.

Modern Art
Sunday morning I anticipated being woken up at an unsightly hour with the time change. Ellie was gracious and didn't wake up until 6:00 and then slept for two more hours after I gave her a bottle. I showered and got her ready for church.
After asking some advice from Corinne I decided not to put Ellie in the nursery. She was still sneezing and had a runny nose. I decided to have Ellie hang out with me in the foyer during the sermon. She was okay but definitely enjoyed the freedom of walking up and down the halls. The ushers were definitely entertained (I hope not annoyed). A nursery worker asked why Ellie wasn't in nursery - she was missed!
During second service I was the assistant in three and four year olds with Sara Wisler. Corinne was going to keep Ellie in Sunday School until Sara told me to just bring her into our class. I gladly obliged and Ellie enjoyed pretending she was a big kid. She would sit at the table on the chairs. The kids also liked "helping" her out. Hopefully she didn't spread any germs...
Listening to the sermon
Playing with the big kids
Ellie was pooped after church but got a second wind once we got home and saw her toys. I let her play and tried to feed her lunch but she refused so I put her down for a nap with a big bottle of milk.
She woke up and we played. Jon called when he woke up in China. I started a fire to try to heat up the house since it's getting colder here. Ellie went down to bed at 6:30 and I watched a movie and picked up Ellie's quilt that I started probably eight months ago. I am now determined to finish it!

Ellieism:
Ellie must have still felt sick today because she hardly ate a thing! I made her an egg, offered her a muffin, tried yogurt, then made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After she refused all those options I pulled out the sour cream and onion chips and she gobbled a few of them up. She loves her chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment