Friday morning Ellie woke up at 7:45 and we ate breakfast
together and started up the fire. It’s amazing how our wood insert really heats
the house! If I let it go out and stay out for too long the house really cools
off. Our heat kicks on when it goes below 59, which has only happened once
since Jon was gone (disclaimer: it was this cold in the morning because I
refuse to wake up and add logs in the middle of the night).
![]() |
| Breakfast |
At 9:00 we went over to Joie Culbert’s house to help paint.
I wish I would have thought ahead and left Ellie at someone’s house because her
youngest was off with his grandpa (her other two are at school). But she
behaved the two hours I spent helping her paint the trim, some of the time
being spent in the backpack.
We went to Nana’s house next for lunch. Grandma always
enjoys watching Ellie play and couldn’t get over her walking around the house.
Ellie knows exactly where her toys are in the family room and which cupboard
she can play in: the one with the plastic bowls and pans.
Nana made us a nice lunch and we chatted until Ellie became
cranky. We went home for naps and she slept a pathetic hour. I left her in the
crib with a cup of milk and a book for another hour. When her complaining
became loud I went in and she was sitting up and reading, just expressing her
opinion about her situation. So I let her get up and play.
She did not last long with being content with her toys so
eventually we went to Elverson to drop off something at Mom’s house and ended
up back at Nana’s. Nana and Pop-pop were watching Ellie for me as I went out to
dinner with Charlotte and Ginner. We went up and explored the playhouse until
it was time for me to leave. I said goodbye to Ellie, who was already sitting
in her highchair smacking her lips.
I picked up Charlotte and we met up with Ginner in Reading.
She found a nice, small French Restaurant in the center of town to eat at. It
was a wonderful time! Plus the food was delicious. During dinner Donna called
and said that Ellie was asleep so I should take my time. I definitely took
advantage of that offer. When I went to sleep Jon had boarded his plane and was
heading back home!
below: when I park the car I sometimes grab Ellie from her seat before getting out of the car and she likes to pretend to drive for a bit before we get out.

Dinner out sounds like fun!!!
ReplyDelete