Friday, November 15, 2013

Ellie Goes Boom-Boom

Wednesday morning Jon was back to work and Ellie and I went to church for Bible Study. We came home for lunch, all three of us, since I had neglected to defrost the lunch meat the night before for Jon to pack a sandwich. We ate our sandwiches in peace since Ellie ate before he came home and was in bed.

After nap time Ellie and I taught a piano lesson (Ellie kept the student's mom entertained). Ellie knows how to get as much attention as possible when the student's mom and sister are at the lesson, it's funny. Next we made caramelitas for Bible Study. I worked on the homework for the study and prepared dinner (soup). I had heard Tara was sick so I sent some soup over for her and Ryan and Jon grabbed fresh bread from Walmart for us all. I put Ellie to bed before heading off to Bible study at 6:50.

Thursday morning I had one major task: clean the house. Small Group was being held at our house and I needed to clean up. My craft area was a mess in the corner of the basement and it needed to be organized into the new hutch I had bought a week prior. Ellie helped by playing with my buttons and fabric stash. While she napped I finished up my project and started the dusting and laundry. Ellie woke up and we cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed.

A man was running from the police locally and was receiving a lot of media attention (read more here). Jon and I chatted about it and I kept tabs on their progress throughout the day. Roads near us were closed for most of the morning into the afternoon but when I found out Weaver's Road was open I went out. I wanted apple cider for our snack for small group so Ellie and I ran out to Weaver's Orchard for a couple gallons (they are on special right now - $3.99 a gallon). We did not spot the suspect. When Jon arrived I washed the kitchen floor while he fiddled with the fireplace and watched Ellie.
Ellie posing in front of the bees at Weavers
Our group begins at 6:30 and I wasn't ready in time to have Ellie already asleep. Our couples were arriving as I was still plating the caramelitas and slicing apples and cheese, but it gave me something to do. We had a new couple joining our group so this was their first evening (technically it's a "test-run" but I hope they stay!) (It was Ryan & Lauren Smith, to people who care). Ellie behaved very well and was interested in Teo Rus. She also liked to have Jon hold her while everyone was talking. Before the study time began in the basement I put Ellie down for bed and she went right to sleep, which surprised me. I'll take it.

Elliesisms:
I do not generally worry about Ellie near the steps because she has never fallen while climbing up and she hollers at the top when she wants to go down. Thursday afternoon she carried a book up the steps and sat on the top step reading it. I received a phone call (a telemarketer) and Ellie fell halfway down the steps while I was on the phone. I frantically said "gotta go!" and hung up. Ellie somehow stopped about five steps down and recovered within minutes of me picking her up. I haven't found any bruises yet! But I think this was her first big tumble!
At Weaver's the cart return is on a hill that if you aren't careful the cart will fly down the hill. I lazily didn't want to take Ellie and the cart to the car and back to the cart spot (about 10 yards away) so I grabbed the groceries and lodged the cart into the last cart and took my stuff to the trunk. When I turned around Ellie was rolling down the hill in the cart. I caught her before she crashed but not before another costumer pulled in and witnessed the event.
Ellie re-enacting the event

No comments:

Post a Comment