Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Olivia's Wedding & Jon's Return


Saturday morning I woke up with a text from Jon. They had been flying home for three hours and had to turn back due to their water tank leaking all 500 gallons out and apparently it is illegal to fly without that water. Tokyo refused to let them land at their airport (too many foreigners they would have to process or something) so they had to fly the three hours back to Hong Kong.
Ellie and I were disappointed, to say the least. Jon was wishing he was home since he was still feeling sick. It was a lose/lose situation. Fortunately his delayed homecoming meant I didn't have to spend my Saturday finishing cleaning up the house. Ellie and I left right after breakfast to pick up a gift for Olivia and Nate and grab a few ingredients for the dessert I needed to make for the reception (my go-to cake recipe can be found here).
I baked the cake while Ellie napped then I dressed and wrapped the gift. I packed Ellie's bag and dropped her off at Gibson's in time to make it to the church at 3:45. 
The wedding was wonderful. Uncle Steve officiated and had a great message. Olivia's dress was gorgeous - it was from the same designer as mine and was so flattering. The reception was in a tent which caused me to dress warmly and prepare to be cold for the next two hours but it was pleasantly warm! Tyler was MC and the dinner was from a pork BBQ spot in Morgantown. Guests brought all of the desserts. I was sitting with Ted & Liz DeWalt, Stephen & Sara DeWalt, Janell, Michael & his girlfirend, and Kelly and Josh. Corinne and Daniel came after his class and were right behind me at the next table, which was nice. I ended up remaining at the reception until after 9:00. 
The happy couple
Brie & me 
First dance

Ellie was hanging out at the Gibsons loving every moment of the chaos and attention. I hadn't meant to stay out so long (5 hours) but Calla insisted that she was behaving. I took her home and put her right to bed. 

The Gibsons gave Ellie this fun rocking duck

Sunday morning I decided to let Ellie sleep in since we had been up late. Of course she was awake at 9:02 (church begins at 9:00) so I gave her a bath and we leisurely prepared for church. We arrived with plenty of time before second service began. 
Ellie loves the ramp at church
Following church we went home and ate lunch then Ellie napped. Generally I rush around the house cleaning it up but I had done some of it Friday and I was just too lazy to put much effort into it today. Isn't Sunday the day of rest anyway? Jon didn't mind when he arrive at 3:30, he was just happy to be home! 
We decided to skip Sunday evening prayer since Jon would have fallen asleep. Actually, he did. In front of the fire. At 7:30. He didn't remain sleeping and held off going to sleep until 9:00. It is so nice to have him home!

Ellieisms: 
Ellie was very excited to see her Daddy come home! 
Ellie loves to play the piano. Sometimes she even sings along:



No comments:

Post a Comment