Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Bad Napper

This morning I thought I would be having a busy day. But it was not to be. Bible study was canceled since Coleen is out of town and a group of ladies were getting together to quilt, so I thought. I called up Mrs. Leamer, who was organizing the event, and she informed me that not enough people were able to do it (no one else, really) so we were going to postpone. It worked out well because Ellie turned out to be a bit cranky and clingy. She was only happy either nursing or being held. Oh well.
Since we didn't have the quilting-bee Ellie and I went out to Reading and picked up my flute from the repair shop. One of my students gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble for Christmas and I had finally decided how to use it so we stopped by there and browsed a bit. I picked up a book for the Brust cousins (I'm hoping to send it out with Grandma and Grandpa) and a journal for Ellie. I always like how people can look back in journals they kept for their children about things they've said or done and I want to try to do that for Ellie. Perhaps it'll be a big flop (I will probably misplace the journal by the time she can talk) but it's worth a try.
In the afternoon Ellie slept some and I cleaned the kitchen and put the bedding and air mattress away in the basement. I also vacuumed and taught two piano lessons. Ellie was well behaved during the first but getting cranky and loud during the second. She has only been taken hour long naps so I need to read the chapter on nap time and try to solve this problem.
Jon came home and we ate dinner and I went to Bible Study. Jon hosted prayer group and Ellie slept soundly through it all.

Enjoying the sunshine
Today Ellie was awake at 6:15 and ready to start the day. I was not ready so Jon changed her diaper and brought her into our room. When she became bored I took her and my pillow out into the living room and we hung out on the floor. Jon took a shower, ate breakfast, and left for work.
AmyBeth invited some friends and their kids over for a play date at 10:00 so we headed over there after Ellie's first nap. Since Clark was sick and something happened to Holly we ended up being the only ones in attendance. I felt a bit bad considering Ellie can't even play yet but it was nice to have a chance to catch up.
On our way home we stopped by Iron Mountains and Jon came out and said hi to Ellie and told me about his day. Apparently the project he is working on was very well received by the boss so Jon was encouraged. Also, the invitation to Cologne, Germany, was official so at least Jon will be going! Anybody want to watch a 13 month old baby for a week so I can join him baby free? :)
Our afternoon was fairly laid back. We started the laundry, ironed Jon's shirts, and researched furniture on Craigslist. I'm looking for a few pieces. First, I would like a workplace for the laundry room to house my sewing machine, fabric, and whatnot. Second, a wooden piece for near the piano for my piano books and flute. Third, a floor lamp for Ellie's room. We'll see if I have any luck. Ellie once again only slept an hour at most for each nap.
Jon came home and we drove to Elverson. We dropped Jon off at the spaghetti dinner at church and Ellie and I went to Mimi's. I put Ellie to sleep before heading to small group. All the men went to the spaghetti dinner while the women hung out then prayed for the husbands. The men joined us at 8:15 (the event only lasted two hours) and we spent an hour and a half together before picking Ellie up from Mimi's. She slept the entire time, fortunately. When I put her in the car seat she wakes up and smiles, coos, and talks the whole drive home. Ellie did not want to go to sleep once we got home even after a small bottle. She's finally sleeping now.

Ellieisms:
Ellie has become squirmy. When she's sitting on my lap she likes to move all around.

pigging out on a banana


1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your blog, I had been behind a couple posts.
    1. I can't BELIEVE that Ellis smaller than Emily! Emily lost some weight so I figured that Ellie had her beat. Emily does eat a lot though, A LOT.
    2. Your blog can be your journal in case you don't get to journal, that's what I tell myself. Hopefully this internet thing isn't just a fad. haha
    3. We WILL WATCH ELLIE WHILE YOU GO TO GERMANY!!! No joke, we would love to have her!!!

    ReplyDelete