Monday, March 25, 2013

March Madness

By the time March rolls around Jon and I are both ready for spring to come. Our technique for passing the time is trying to stay busy: it helps make the weeks fly by.
Friday morning Kelly messaged about going to the outlets. After being out shopping all day Thursday we had to pass since I really wanted Ellie to have some good nap times. Plus, it was cold! I put Ellie down for a nap at 8:45 and she fought me on it so I decided I should go to the gym. On our way into Elverson I called Mimi and asked if I could put Ellie down for a nap at her house while I go to my class. It worked out really well (At least for me)! Although Ellie laid down quietly she hollered until Mimi came and fed her a bottle. She then ended up sleeping over two hours! I don't know what Mimi put in that bottle but I need some.
Since I only stay at the gym for my hour and fifteen minute class Mimi told me to run whatever errands I could while Ellie slept. I made a deposit at the bank and did my grocery shopping at Walmart and Ellie was still sleeping. When she woke up we slowly gathered our things before heading out.
Ellie was well rested from her nap so we decided to stop by to say hello to Great-Grandma Mountz. Nana (Donna) was out for lunch with friends so we sat and chatted with Grandma for about an hour.
At one point Grandma had Ellie laughing at her:

We came home and Ellie went down for her afternoon nap. I wish I could say that I was super productive during her nap but I really do not know what I did at this point. She woke up and we hung out and ate some snacks for dinner. Jon took a new coworker (Dan Sack) out for dinner to celebrate his new job. He took him out to our favorite taco spot and Omar went along.
The boys came back around 7:00 and Jon, Ellie and I went to a reception at church to see Kyle Frey. He just graduated from boot camp so Mrs. Frey hosted an open house so everyone can see him while he is home this week. True to Mrs. Frey's standards the food was delicious! I was happy I had only snacked at home. We stayed for an hour until Ellie started fussing due to her passed bed time. When we came home Jon worked on the computer and I finished folding some laundry while watching TV.

Saturday morning Jon was up early to help at the church work day. Ellie and I stayed home and napped, changed sheets, and moseyed around. Grandma invited us over for lunch to say hi to her friend Jane who is staying with them for a few days. Kelly, Clark, and Mimi were also there. It was so nice to see Grandpa and Grandma after they were away in Chicago last week!
Ellie and her great grandparents
Clark saw me taking pictures and wanted in on the fun
Grandpa carried Ellie out to the car
I added this one because of Clark hugging Grandpa.
He does this periodically while he's at their house.
When Jon came back from work day he brought over a load of wood from his Dad's and we enjoyed the mild, sunny weather and stacked it in our shed. Jon was having some guys over for dinner and to play games while I went to a play in the evening so I made pulled pork sandwiches and brownies in the afternoon for Jon's guests.
At 5:00 Brittany came and picked me up and we picked up Dorothy in Elverson and went out for dinner. Amy, a girl in our Wednesday evening Bible Study, was in a play in Lionville. While we went to the play Jon hosted Peter, Ben, and Jere Scott for dinner and FIFA. They also watched something on TV. Ellie was on her best behavior and apparently kept her fussing to a minimum while the men were over. The play did not begin until 8:00 so it made for a late night. Jon and Ellie were both sleeping when I came home at 11:00.

Sunday Ellie served as our alarm clock starting the day at 7:00. The timing worked well because we made it to church on time. Between services I went into Ellie's classroom and put her down for a nap. She slept the entire second service which was wonderful. Stopping by home I threw together a salad and we headed out for our Sunday School's potluck. Ellie was on her best behavior and the host's Mom (Mrs. Larson) asked to take care of Ellie while I ate. Of course I said yes and then did not have to touch Ellie until she was tired and it was time to go home.
Jon and Doug had set up to go look at a tree to cut down on Mark D's property at 4:00. We were driving back from the lunch at 3:15 so we decided just to go to Pop-pop and Nana's. I put Ellie down for a nap in Nana's crib and she slept until I had to wake her up to leave for choir at 5:00. While she slept Jon and Pop-pop checked out the tree and Nana and I hung out with Great Grandma.
At choir Ellie was in good spirits and sang the entire time. At one point the ladies were focusing on a hard part and Jon walked to the front to take Ellie out because she was being "loud" (singing along) and all the ladies protested. So she was allowed to stay.
After prayer meeting we went to Pop-pop and Nana's to watch the fourth episode of The Bible. Pop-pop picked up Arby's sandwiches and we ate the leftover salad from lunch. We did leave before the episode was over because Jon was watching a March Madness game and I was sitting picking apart the biblical contradictions. We decided sleep would be more profitable.

Ellieisms:
Ellie has a cough and she sounds so sad when she is sleeping and has a coughing fit. Poor little boo.
Although you may not believe me, Ellie's hair has grown. I know because now I can JUST clip her barrettes on her head on the wisps. They stay in for a few minutes if she doesn't move.
Exhibit A

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have to get video of Ellie singing!!!!! I'd love to hear it!!!
    You had such a busy weekend! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new picture of Ellie, so cute!

    ReplyDelete