Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Estes Wedding & Ellie Rolls Over in Secret

Saturday morning Jon woke up at 4:30 to take Doug and Donna to the airport. Shortly thereafter Ellie woke up but went back to sleep after gabbing for a bit. She woke up for the morning at 7:15 meaning she slept almost thirteen hours. It was a wonderful feeling.
At 9:15 I put Ellie down for a nap and left to go running with Nelah and Sarah from my small group. We ran for two miles and then Sarah invited us in for some quiche and fruit smoothies. It was a lot of fun and I ended up staying out for three hours. Poor Jon was trying to tile the bathroom floor but put that aside to watch Ellie until I came home.
After lunch Ellie took a nice nap while I vacuumed and cleaned the floors. Jon needed some help laying the shower floor tiles then we got ready for the Estes wedding. Dan, Amanda, and their kids were hanging out with Grandma Mountz while Omar went to the wedding and they agreed to watch Ellie for us. During the ceremony she hung out with them. I went over after the ceremony and picked her up and took her to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They were going out to dinner with Janelle and consequently couldn't watch her the entire wedding. It really worked out, though, to put her down to sleep.
Jon and I left the wedding in time to pick up Ellie before 10:00. We just missed them sending the bride and groom off but we thought any later would be asking a bit much of Grandma and Grandpa on a Saturday night.
Since Ellie had just cut a tooth a few days before and was acting a bit sad, I fed her a bottle with Tylenol in it when we arrived home. Plus I was hoping she would get a good nights sleep in.
At six o'clock Sunday morning I heard Ellie stirring. I let her go for a bit until she sounded irritated. When I walked into her bedroom she was on her back! She had rolled over when nobody was watching. What a stinker!
With our early wake up time it was easy to arrive to church on time. We actually left home at 8:15 so that I could put Ellie down for a nap before the service began. Apparently Ellie slept for 45 minutes, drank her bottle, then hung out with the other kids. Jon and I went to first service worship and to a Sunday School class led by Dad on parenting during second service.
Jon was not feeling very good last night during the wedding or this morning before church. I told him to stay home and get some sleep but he did not want to miss church. When we arrived home after church I put Ellie to bed while Jon prepared lunch (heating up leftover soup). Apparently that was enough to push him over the edge because he took about two bites then went to bed for the rest of the afternoon. Ellie took some short naps then hung out with me in the living room. We left at 5:15 to go to church early to once again put her down for a nap before church. On both occasions I didn't want to put her down at home just to wake her up twenty minutes later.
Mom and Dad lead evening prayer and gave a report on their trip to Uganda. Jon remained home in bed since he was not feeling better after his nap. Ellie took a lap around the room following the presentation to say hi to people not generally at church such as Grandpa and Grandma and Deb Slye. It was a great presentation and made me really miss Corinne! Three or four people approached me and said that Corinne looked like a combination of me and Katelyn and someone thought it was me at the beginning of the video. Apparently Corinne and I also sound similar.
After church Ellie and I went over to Doug and Donna's house to watch The Bible on the History Channel. Peter and Brittany ordered pizza and we watched it along with Omar and Grandma. Ellie fell asleep five minutes before the show began so I watched it while starting to cut out fabric for my quilt. I really enjoyed it! Now I am home and Ellie and Jon are sleeping and I want to head that way myself.

Ellieisms:
When Ellie is tired she is very rude and looks away from whoever is trying to make her smile. She also cries in a very forced-sounding way.
Ellie is well liked in nursery. One volunteer thanked me for letting her spend time with Ellie this morning. Um, come over anytime.

Since I sent around all the pictures from Tyler and Brittany's wedding I'm going to skip posting them tonight. Plus I'm feeling lazy and everyone here is sleeping. Bed is calling my name...

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha you can do the rest of the update videos and just pretend u are me talking from Uganda. Seriously though I'm surprised they thought I was you bc my hair is short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone also said that Corinne looked like Kelly! She looks like everyone but Carly and Caleb, I guess. love, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie seems to be sleeping so well! Is she sleeping through to those times?! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Corinne and Kelly do not look alike in the slightest.
    2. CONGRATS to Ellie for rolling over!
    3. and who cares about rolling over?...congrats on her SLEEPING 13 HOURS.

    ReplyDelete