| Ellie's perch during the auction |
I had to leave Grandma's house at 1:00 to put Ellie down for a nap at Nana's house. Tara Frey had invited me over to Mrs. Frey's house to do a fun project of making concrete planters together. Mrs. Frey had done it the weekend before with her friends and the three of us made more together. I made four of them (there were a lot of materials Mrs. Frey wanted to use up) so I'll have to post a picture of how they turned out sometime. After making the planters we went inside and enjoyed a piece of fresh baked apple bread. So delicious!
I had to run at 3:45 from Mrs. Frey's to pick up Ellie from Nana's house then pick up Mimi to go to an event at the Community Center. The Friends of the Community Center were hosting a fall festival geared towards children to raise money. Dad had invited Ellie and I a while back but he had to work late so I picked up Mimi and Dad and Mom-mom met us there later. We went on a hay ride with huge horses pulling them (one was 18 1/2 hands tall, for you horse people). Mimi and I took Ellie into the bouncy-house and she was unsure at first but soon enjoyed the bounce and slide. It helped that she was the only kid in the place.
Ellie and I split a hot dog (Ellie: 2 bites. Me: the rest) and some chips (Ellie: 22 chips. Me: 3). I roasted some marshmallows that I immediately regretted (the jumbo ones do not taste the same as normal marshmallows) and when it was raining and the family movie was about to start (The Incredibles) all the girls left and let Pops hang out talking to his peeps.
Ellie and I dropped Mommom and Mimi off at their respective homes and then went home. She took a little bit to unwind but when she went to bed I sat on the couch trying to convince myself to do something productive. Instead I went to bed at 9:30.
![]() |
| Bathing for church |
At 3:00 Autumn Jackins came by to cut my hair. She is almost through beauty school so I thought I'd pay her to give me a cut because 1) I could name my own price and 2) she came to me. She cut off a lot of hair and it resulted in a cut two inches shorter than I anticipated. She left and I cleaned up until Jon suddenly arrived at home. I had thought he'd give me a ten minute warning but he just showed up! We were very happy to see him and Ellie gave him a huge smile and a big hug. Jon was thrilled at how small Ellie seemed since he said she always seemed so big in the pictures I sent to him. Daddy and daughter got right to playing, making up for lost time.
Since he came home around 4:00 we skipped evening church and heard about his trip and went to bed early. Jon fell asleep around 8:30 but I laid in bed until after 10:00 and finally fell asleep.




No comments:
Post a Comment