I didn't find any furniture that was exactly like I wanted but I have some ideas that I want to think about and maybe show Jon. Ellie stole the show and drew a crowd while she cruised around the store and flashed smiles at other shoppers. It keeps shopping enjoyable.
We stopped by a place called Carson in the Cornfields and I bought a hook for Ellie's room. Next we went to Shady Maple and grabbed some groceries and took them home.
Ellie fell asleep on the way home and was snoring when we pulled into our driveway. When I took her out of the car seat to bring her inside she bit my shoulder. That was a first! I'm pretending it was because she was so deeply sleeping she didn't know what she was doing. She went right back to sleep and I emptied the groceries and prepared for my students.
The Faber boys came for piano lessons and Ellie woke up towards the end o their time. She was a bit cranky and clingy but it was probably because she was hungry. I fed her after they left then we played and I made dinner for a family in our small group who have been having a stressful time recently with work and whatnot.
Ellie and I dropped off the meal at 4:30 and came back and talked with Jon on Skype for a while before he went to sleep. My goal was to go out after dinner to T.J. Maxx but Ellie was just too tired. So we stayed home and played until I tried to put her to bed. I failed and brought her out to eat more and eventually got her to bed.
| Avoiding sleep |
| I peaked in on Ellie and she was sleeping on her pillow pet. I'll have to let Brooke Stoltzfus know that she uses it. |
Ellieisms:
I bought some day-old donuts from Shady Maple and Ellie and I ate those for lunch (first lunch, really) on the drive home. She liked them a lot and tried to stay awake so she could keep eating them.
And Ellie playing this morning:
That was hysterical to see her trying to balance the ball on top of her head! Love, Mimi
ReplyDelete