We went home before the second service since Jon needed to pack and make sure everything was ready for his trip. I tried to put Ellie down for a nap but she fought it until it was time to leave. At 12:30 we headed over to Nana and Poppop's house since they had invited us and Peter and Brittany over for Rueben sandwiches.
Peter and Brittany are housing a foreign exchange student from China so I met her for the first time as we all ate together. Donna offered grilled meat and cheese sandwiches for those opposed to the sauerkraut but Jon ate it up to prepare for meeting the motherland (Ellie and I also at it, if you care. We are true Germans).
We said goodbye and left by 2:00 stopping by Fenton's to pick up a book for Jon's trip. Ellie and I left him at the office then went home for her nap. She was so tired after her long day that she was but by the time we passed Joanna Store. She took a nice nap before we left for church. Instead of a typical praying meeting we had communion and Matt Carter led. It was interesting. Fortunately Dad was my table leader and the majority of the time was spent as small groups at the tables.
Following church Ellie and I came home and she went to bed after a bit. I watched a movie then also went to bed early.
![]() |
| Walking around the kitchen |
I called Grandpa on my way out of Walmart and Ellie had woken up so I went and picked her up before heading back home. She went back to bed upon arriving home and I put together dinner for the Rus family.
Sarah Rus had her baby Thursday morning and I was so excited to hold the little guy! I dropped Ellie off with Mimi while I went to Morgantown and met little Teophil Graham (Teophil is after his father). Little Teo has more hair than Ellie does now a year older than him! He was so small and it was fun to cuddle with a newborn again.
![]() |
| Teo |
Ellie and I ate dinner together and played in the living room until bed time. We read a book after putting on her PJs and her new favorite is "Pat the Bunny" which I didn't know was actually a fun book until Ellie pulled it off the shelf a few days ago. The bunny is not named Pat - you are actually supposed to pat a bunny. Ellie scratches it but she has the right idea.
After Ellie went to bed I did a load of laundry, watched my favorite TV show, and started cutting out a dress for Ellie. I realized I needed to wash the lining fabric so I didn't get very far but part of the boring part is done!
Ellieisms:
Ellie likes to be chased. She will crawl away and when I stop chasing her (on all fours) she looks back at me and laughs, mouth wide open, ready to crawl away quickly. She is also ticklish on her tummy, thighs, and feet.
| Reading books while lounging on the Leaf |


No comments:
Post a Comment