Friday, September 13, 2013

Mid Week Roundup

Tuesday morning Ellie slept in while I finished up some piecing for a quilt I am making for the women's auction on Saturday. Or perhaps she took an early nap -- whatever the case, I finished up the quilt face before we had to head to Elverson for lunch at Grandma's house.
Kelly, Clark, and Maya met us at Grandma's around 11:15. Grandma decided to call Mom as well and she joined the party. We feasted on leftover barbeque from the Fox picnic and Clark, Ellie, and Maya hung out together. Maya is a cheerful kid even after coming straight from her 4 month checkup. What a champ. Grandpa asked to hold her because he had noticed earlier that he hadn't held her since she was a newborn! Ellie and Clark took a spin on the deck and it was quite a beautiful day! Sunny and warm.
Maya & Great Grandpa
After lunch Ellie and I went home for her nap. She slept for about an hour then we went to Deb Saint's house to quilt the quilt I finished piecing in the morning. I worked for an hour on planning it out and sandwiching it before we had to go back to Elverson for my piano lesson.
There's something on your chin, baby
Grandma and Grandpa held on to Ellie while I taught Carson from 4:15-4:45. They said she did wonderfully. Ellie really enjoys Grandpa and Grandma and always points at their door when we pull up because she wants to go inside. They interact with her on the floor and give her a lot of attention - of course she loves them!
We went home and made dinner for when Jon came home. In the evening we stayed home and took it easy.
Wednesday morning Ellie and I stayed home and she took a nap because we had some fun stuff planned for later. We put dinner in the crockpot and at 11:15 went to Nana's house to hang out with Cecelia Mountz who is one year older than Ellie, she was born on August 30, 2011. We went up to Nana's playhouse and explored the kitchen toys for a while until we went back inside for lunch. Nana prepared brats for us while the kids had fruit, crackers, and cheese. Ellie seemed infatuated with Cece and Cece liked talking about "Ehwie."
Notice the difference in hair...
Tea for two




Sharing


When Ellie seemed to be getting cranky and Cece was obviously ready for a nap we said goodbye and went to Mimi's house. Wednesday was a balmy 92 degrees and Pops had opened the pool so we couldn't pass up the last good swim day of the summer. We were the first people to arrive so Ellie played with the toys inside until Mimi, the Iyas, and Kelly and her kids showed up. The pool will probably be a favorite for Ellie next year because she seemed to really enjoy it this year but was restricted by her inability to walk/my lack of desire to swim. We hung out by the pool (frequently with nobody actually in the pool) for an hour before I had to take Ellie home for my afternoon piano lesson.
Snuggling with her stuffed animal

Ellie went down for a nap and my student came at 3:00. Ellie woke up right after she left so she got to watch me shred the beef for the barbeque sandwiches for dinner and chop up potatoes to be oven roasted. Jon came home and I ran out the door to grab some groceries to finish dinner (rolls). We had dinner and Jon left for prayer group while Ellie and I played with her People before she went to bed after much protest. She even threw-up all over her bumper and carpet. She didn't have a fever, I just think she worked herself up so much from yelling that she threw-up.

Playing with a birthday gift from Nana
Action shot
Standing up like a big girl
Trying to stack

Thursday morning we went to Deb Saint's house and I worked on the quilt most of the morning. Ellie took a nap while we were there and when she woke up I decided to go home since she wasn't really cooperating. She went down for a nap before my afternoon piano lesson and woke up right as it ended. Aunt Carol Hoke was disappointed since she was waiting to play with Ellie when she awoke. Next time.
We had leftovers for dinner then headed out to small group in Morgantown at 6:30. A couple from our small group had their first baby at 10:36 this morning and weren't going to make it and Brock and Nebin weren't either so I brought Ellie along since it was a smaller small group and was less formal. Sarah Rus had a son and named him Teophil Graham Rus after his dad, Teophil Paul (we call him Paul because his dad is named Teophil, too) and Teophil Graham was 7lb 14oz and about a week early. I haven't heard anything more about the birth story but I'm looking forward to it. She delivered at the women's clinic place where you go and use a midwife and no epidural and stuff. So we will see!
Jon put Ellie down in the pack'n'play while we were at small group so we woke her up and brought her home. She didn't fall asleep in the car but when I gave her a bottle and laid her in her crib she just waked her head on the side bars (where the bumper is missing) a couple times accidentally and fell asleep (or knocked herself out??) (I checked, she was breathing). I'm glad he put her down because we didn't leave until after 10:00.

Ellieisms:
I am trying to teach Ellie how to "blow a kiss" and she has only done it twice, once to me and once to Jon. Usually she becomes distracted and puts her fingers down her throat and gags instead.
When Ellie is feeling silly she shakes her head fast or puts something on top of her head. Exhibit A:

No comments:

Post a Comment