Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ellie Takes Steps

Tuesday morning Jon woke up and we ate breakfast together and he left for work right after Ellie woke up. She must have slept well because she was ready to play right away. While she sat begging to go play outside I grabbed some clothes for her, dressed myself, dressed her, put on her winter coat, then took her outside. She used her walker to mosey around the driveway. I had forgotten to do the last steps to my pots that I had made with Mrs. Frey and Tara over the weekend, something I was supposed to do on Monday. It was a bit tricky to take off the molds but with some prying and breaking (of the molds, not the pots) I was successful. I cleaned up my mess and tried to make going inside look like fun for Ellie. It worked and she came in without complaining.
Not a fan of her hood
Hunter arrived at 9:00 but not before Ellie went down for a nap. She had been cranky so I decided to put her down for a nap and she slept almost the entire time Hunter was at our house. So Hunter and I spent some time playing with the train set (Hunter), dusting (me), trying on jewelry (Hunter), and folding laundry (me). Hunter spent probably forty minutes trying on a box of jewelry that Corinne gave to me and the other sisters had picked through and didn't want. I told him that he looked like a pirate and he said, "No, not a pirate." Later he said, "I look like a princess. A beautiful princess!" HA. His father would have been so proud (Jon was horrified that I let him play with jewelry).
Decked out

Ellie woke up around noon and Elisha was running late (usually she comes at noon) so Hunter and I cleaned up the living room then put on our coats to go outside. We were opening the door when his mom pulled up. I told Elisha about our day while Hunter quickly played outside until it was time to leave.
Ellie and I ate lunch and then I put her down for another nap before heading to Elverson. Grandpa and Grandma watched Ellie while I taught my Elverson lesson then came back to Geigertown for two lessons up the road from our house. Jon picked up Ellie and met me back at home and we had dinner together. Following dinner we had a walking session and Ellie did two "rounds" before giving up. Fortunately her second round included eight small steps towards Dad. Go Ellie! She was then too cranky for more rounds so she went to bed.

Wednesday morning Ellie and I had our first Precepts Bible Study. Ellie was in childcare with Corinne and Daniel along with about ten other kids age three and under. I am so glad to be back at Bible Study and Ellie behaved well during the two hour period, but she was tired. Before we left I was with Mimi and I put her on the ground and she took seven slow, unsteady steps before sitting down. Showing off for Mimi.
I took her home to nap and she slept until my piano lesson at 3:00. Following the lesson we ran to the grocery store then Ellie played outside while I emptied the groceries and started to prepare dinner. She played outside for forty minutes by herself, walking around with the walker and getting stuck in the grass. I spray painted a light for her room and read the newspaper in the sunporch until she was ready to come inside.
Troubles with the walker 

We had a quick dinner of spaghetti and then I left for Bible Study at Brittany's house. Jon spent the evening with Ellie and put her to bed. I came home late - it was nice to be able to go to Bible Study and not bring Ellie along! 

Ellieisms: 
Ellie doesn't like to walk unless she chooses to walk. When I try to encourage walking practice she almost always has spaghetti legs and just refuses to stand up. 
Ellie is teething! I feel a tooth coming in under the gum her bottom right side. Tooth number 7.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie is so good at that walker! Emy refuses to use her walker, she is a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete