Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Shopping and Dinner at Grandma's

Wednesday morning Ellie woke up and was a bit cranky so we took it slow. I even put her back in the crib to hang out with a book and when she woke up more she was happier about starting the day. We ate breakfast and then headed out around 9:00 for a used furniture store that I had seen something on Craigslist that I liked. It took a while to get there but the piece is pretty but bigger than I thought so I couldn't a) fit it in the spot I had planned for it or b) in my car. Oh well. It was a large consignment shop so I looked at the clothes as well as shoes and other furniture and we left with two size 14 skirts (potential for fabric use) that were 50% off their consignment price and a pair of shoes that didn't look worn at all. We headed home the long way to swing through Ephrata for another furniture store and home decor store but both were closed. Who would have thought their day off was Wednesday? Lesson learned.
Ellie fell asleep less than two miles from home but didn't remain asleep. I put her in the crib but she woke up and fussed so I brought her out and we ate a real lunch (crackers in the car shouldn't count) and played until I put her to bed at 12:45. I put her in the crib with a bottle and a book and she drank her bottle, read the book for a while, then finally fell asleep. I worked on her dress until she fell asleep then cleaned up the kitchen and living room before my piano lesson at 3:00. Ellie woke up halfway through the lesson and Mrs. McCoach played with her for the last five minutes as she was starting to push her way to the keys and play along.
After the lesson we played and ate a snack. Jon called us and let us know about his fun day in Germany (well, his very busy day) and then we headed to Elverson. Grandpa and Grandma hosted us and Mimi, Pops, and the Iyas for dinner. Initially it was supposed to just be the Iyas and Mimi and Pops but she had pity on us and boy am I glad we were invited! Ellie played with Pops and the Little People farm then showed everyone how she stands without holding on to anything and walks while holding something with only one hand instead of two. Soon she will be walking! She served a delicious meal of ham, sweet potatoes, stuffed shells, italian bread, blueberry muffins, salad, green beans, and applesauce. For dessert we had apple pie and ice cream. Ellie refused the ice cream at first but after I stuffed it in her mouth she realized that it was delicious and ate it up.
At 6:45 we left and headed to Bible Study at Brittany's house. I brought the pack'n'play because Ellie was obviously tired at Grandma's house. She didn't want to sleep (she yelled/cried even when she was in my arms) so I told her if she was quiet I would let her stay up. We started the study and Ellie went up to Brittany and sat in her lap for fifteen minutes, paging through her book and enjoying being in the lap of the leader. She eventually got down and crawled around and spent the majority of the rest of the time touching the books on the bookshelf. After prayer requests she laid on the floor doing that "swimming" thing she does.
We came home and she went right to bed. And I think I will go join her.

Ellieisms:
I keep thinking I hear a male talking but it's just Ellie snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment