Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Hard Day's Work

I think Ellie has heard me bragging about how she's such a good baby so she's making up for it by waking up every 2 hours at night. She wakes up hungry, eats, goes to the bathroom, then sleeps for an hour or so. Repeat. Last night Jon helped out quite a bit when I wasn't thinking straight and consequently didn't respond to her cries...whoops! Let's just say I made sure I took a nap this afternoon so that I'm more aware tonight. 
Ellie and I started our day before Jon left for work so that I could shower and get a jump start since Ellie and I had to be at Iron Mountains at 10:00. 
Ellie jumping for joy at another day's work
First off two of the engineers checked our car seat. The engineers who work on the car seats are required to maintain their car seat installation certification by checking out car seats that are installed and giving a review and feedback. Jon and I passed but they recommended that I keep Ellie tighter when she's strapped in (I didn't know they'd be checking out the car seat or I would have been more meticulous in strapping her in!). After we were okayed in the car, Jon took Ellie inside to test out some cutting edge products. There were six engineers present and a video camera.

Here is the project that Jon is working on. It has a gear and moves from side to side. 
I was trying to discreetly take pictures...
Jon sent me this one. They took it on the work camera.
The second object was some sort of miniature swing. Ellie seemed to like both items, so if anyone from IM is reading this, we'd be more than happy to do in-home testing...

On our way home we drove through Morgantown and saw that there is a whole carnival at the Morgantown Community Church. Random!

Hanging out in the pack 'n play
This afternoon Ellie and I took a nap. That is basically all we did since she took a while to fall asleep. 
Sleeping briefly after dinner.
While Jon was mowing the lawn our neighbor, Annamae McGowen, stopped by to introduce herself and meet us. She had seen the balloons and new that we had a baby girl, so she gave us a card and some money! It was very generous and it was nice to get to know another neighbor. 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww!! She is soooo cute!!! And how nice of your neighbor! I'm sorry she is getting up every two hours, that is sooo hard!! Definitely come nap here tomorrow if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. A carnival! I can't believe you didn't stop in and take Ellie on some rides! Haha. I remember at Easter that church had an big Easter egg hunt but they forced partipants to sit through a 45-minute evangelistic drama. I wonder if they did the same thing to the carnival goers!

    Also, does Ellie eat every two hours during the daytime?? If not, I would definitely make sure she does. That way she can go longer (it least 3 hour stretches) at night. The baby whisperer always says, "don't rob Peter to pay Paul!" in other words, don't rob nighttime sleep by letting her sleep thru daytime feeds. I'm not saying you do, but it's worth a shot if she's eating more frequently at night to switch the habit! Just some unsolicited advice! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading the Baby Whisperer today and she said to expect a growth spurt between three and five weeks so she might be starting a growth spurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly - she does usually eat about every two hours unless we are out (like today at church she went three hours for evening prayer). I'll try to be more intentional to see if that helps! She usually does have a longer stretch of sleep in the evening, which probably doesn't help her nighttime sleep!
    Katelyn - I wouldn't be surprised if she is having a growth spurt because she's almost out of her newborn clothes!

    ReplyDelete