Jon decided last night that he would try sleeping with ear plugs in because he was really feeling his lack of sleep. Plus, we were heading to bed around 12:30 (first bad idea). The first time Ellie woke up crying Jon heard her before me. With ear plugs in. Oh my word.
Well Ellie did not mentioned my shortcomings when she woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning at 6:15. After trying unsuccessfully to put her back to sleep after feeding and changing her diaper, I finally brought her into our room since Jon was getting ready for work anyway. After about another hour Ellie fell back asleep so I took a nap after setting up lunch with Kelly and Clark. It was a rainy, yucky day so I thought it'd be nice to take it easy...again. Kelly and Clark were scheduled to come around 11:00 so I got up at 10:30 to clean up the kitchen a bit and vacuum. I like to vacuum for Clark because it becomes blatantly obvious how dirty my floor are after a few go-arounds with his scooting bottom. So vacuum we did. Ellie snoozed in the pack'n'play while I worked.
We had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. Well, Kelly and I did. Clark had crackers and yogurt. Then Clark spent some time crawling up into Ellie's Bumbo then needing help out. We tried our best to teach him how to say "Baby" and "Ellie" but it wasn't happening. Next time. Kelly and Clark hung around until around 12:30 when Clark was starting to ask for his nap by way of clinging to his mother.
In the afternoon Ellie and I did the dishes, packed up my maternity clothes, and went through my dresser drawers and put aside clothes that need to be donated. Oh, and I showered. Better late than never!
Tornado and flood warnings were in affect this afternoon so we stayed home for the rest of the day. We ate Mom-mom's chicken noodle soup that she gave us the week Ellie was born (and I froze) for dinner. It was perfect for this dreary day!
Since I didn't take any pictures today, here are a few from Ginner from work. Check out the motion machine Jon worked on! It'll be neat if we can "test" it out at home when it's closer to production.
In the afternoon Ellie and I did the dishes, packed up my maternity clothes, and went through my dresser drawers and put aside clothes that need to be donated. Oh, and I showered. Better late than never!
Tornado and flood warnings were in affect this afternoon so we stayed home for the rest of the day. We ate Mom-mom's chicken noodle soup that she gave us the week Ellie was born (and I froze) for dinner. It was perfect for this dreary day!
Since I didn't take any pictures today, here are a few from Ginner from work. Check out the motion machine Jon worked on! It'll be neat if we can "test" it out at home when it's closer to production.



No comments:
Post a Comment