Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dunkin Date with Dad

Jon thought that it would be fun for us to go on a family Dunkin date before he needed to head to work. I really could use some practice waking up and getting out the door so I was all for it. It really helped that I had taken a late afternoon shower the day before and I was planning on "exercising" so I could dress casual. Jon woke me up before he hopped in the shower around seven and Ellie woke up about 15 minutes later hungry. Well, we probably finally got out the door around 7:45 so the date was a bit shorter than Jon intended, but it happened! The "boss man" was at Dunkin (some sort of supervisor that comes periodically through the year) so everyone was on their toes working to make the place look extra clean and organized. It's funny how different the atmosphere is when the boss is at Dunkin! It works, though, because we're always charged the correct amount and receive a receipt without requesting it when he's there.
Ellie's breakfast of choice
After Dunkin we dropped Jon off at work then headed over to Walmart for a few groceries. Dinner would be my first meal to cook since Ellie has been born so I wanted to go all out: spaghetti. At Walmart Ellie decided to start not enjoying her car seat so every time I would stop to pick out an item she would start fussing. It definitely helped speed up the decision process! If I would change anything at Walmart, though, it would be the Deli. Man are they slow! I think they get the oldest, fattest women they can find and put them in there to work at a nice slow pace. It's amazing. And Ellie's crying didn't speed her up - instead she started asking me how old she was and whatnot! It's crazy.

While we were at Walmart I texted Kelsey to see if she would be up for a visitor at all this week. Well today worked so I offered to bring lunch. Kelsey said she had leftovers if I'd rather eat them (yes) so I was off the hook! I picked up fruit and lemonade instead. After Ellie and I dropped off the groceries at home I fed her, changed her diaper, changed her outfit (we got boo on her first outfit), changed her diaper again (she must have a fast digestive system) and headed over to Frisco's around 11:00. We ate lunch, hung around, heard about the labor, delivery, and recovery, then said our goodbyes.

I had asked Kelly and Mom in the morning if they wanted to go for a walk again. And they said yes! At 3:00 we embarked on our 2.64 mile hike through Elverson. It was a beautiful day for a walk since it was sunny yet cool enough that you didn't roast. On South Pine Linda Smith drove by so she stopped and chatted a bit with us, which was a nice break before hitting the hills of Summerfield. Mom and Kelly interchanged pushing Clark - it's amazing what a workout a stroller with a 16 month old is! He's such a trooper - he only made a complaint when we were standing around too long talking with Linda. He was ready to go! We went back to Mom's and Kelly and I hung around a bit before Kelly went home and I went and picked up Jon.
Clark emptying the groceries for Mimi
Tomorrow is Jon's birthday. However, instead of an elaborate birthday meal made by me he is going to a men's dinner at church. Hey, I didn't argue. I don't know if he would have had an elaborate meal from me anyway, so I decided to go with his favorite staple of spaghetti with Texas Toast. After dinner he asked if I'd want to go on a Lowe's date to pick up drywall and some cement board stuff for the bathroom walls and shower walls. Sure! We had to use his Dad's truck so we left Ellie with Grandma Mountz and went to Lowe's. Ok, so Donna was there, too. Perhaps Grandma just supervised...

Ellieisms:
Ellie had her second blow-out diaper to date. It's quite impressive.
Ellie loves to sleep on her stomach. She now sleeps on her stomach at night unless she is overtired and needs to be swaddled - then she sleeps on her back.
Shocking!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Haha your post was funny. Spaghetti sounds good to me! And the girls think it's gourmet.
    2. That walk sounds like a workout!
    3. You definitely have to do the bjorn at the store!! Those car seats don't work anyway because then there's no room for groceries. (-: it was very rare for my babies to cry as long as I had them in the bjorn. In fact I don't think it ever happened. Ha

    ReplyDelete