I know I'm a few days late, but happy 5th birthday, Calla!! When Calla was born I was a sophomore at Covenant and my phone had died a day or two before - bad timing! Therefore I borrowed my friend Emilie's phone for the day and received updates and pictures that way. Although I couldn't be there when she was born, I was able to go home and meet her when she was 12 days old!
 |
| Holding her my first day home! |
 |
| At French Creek Golf Club |
 |
| Photo shoot at Shirey's |
 |
| After we visited the candy shop when I was out in Chicago. |
 |
| At Calla's Aunt Courtney's wedding |
 |
| Hanging out with Uncle Jon on vacation |
 |
| Watching videos of Pops in SC |
 |
| Calla holding Ellie for her first time! |
 |
| Uncle Jon & Ellie with the birthday girl! |
 |
| All the cousins except Haley! |
We hope your birthday was everything you dreamed, Calla!
On Monday Ellie and I spent a lot of time at home. At least, I think so. In the afternoon we had two sets of visitors, Ellen from High Point and Katie Estes and Wyeth. It was fun to catch up with Ellen and hear about the beginning of the new school year. Katie came and brought us dinner, which was so generous! It was crazy to see Wyeth, who is about 10 weeks older than Ellie, and compare his status and abilities to Ellie. He is super smiley and a chunker, too!
Jon came home around 5:45 and we headed out to Doug and Donna's for dinner. After dinner we left Ellie with Donna and stopped by Lowe's to look at toilets for the basement bathroom, which was a great. Carly called on our way home with the girls so we got to say hi and happy birthday, which was great. Thanks, Car!
On Tuesday morning Ellie slept in until almost 9:30! Ok, so her last stretch just happened to end at 9:30, but that's when we started getting ready for the day. And we had a big day ahead of us! We got ready to go and then headed over to the church to "help" Mom and the women from her committee set up for the women's fall auction social. We basically watched everyone set up since they had it under control, but it's always fun to be present! Mom and I then split a chicken salad sandwich and fries from Arby's for lunch while I heard a bit about her time in Texas. Mom also spoiled me (& Ellie) with some beautiful dresses she picked up in Texas as well as a frame for Ellie's room, booties, socks, a diaper cover for one of the dresses, and a hat. The hat, booties, diaper cover, and white dress are for her baptism, which is scheduled for October 7th. Put it on your calendar!
After lunch Ellie and I headed out to Home Depot to scout out some prices for products for the basement bathroom. We looked at the shower controls, sink faucets, and toilets (again). I always browse the clearance row and I spotted a couple options for cabinets for the laundry room. It was exciting! Ellie behaved wonderfully, as usual.
 |
| Ellie noted that toilets are cheaper at Home Depot. |
 |
| Eating dinner with Dad. |
After home depot I started working on the picture slideshow for the women's auction then Jon and I ate the dinner Katie had dropped off last night. Ellie was a bit of a stinker and I actually arrived 10 minutes late to the auction - so Mom! I don't think anyone really noticed the slideshow started late because they were checking out all the goodies for sale and eating the snacks. After the auction started I fed Ellie and then handed her off to Mrs. Frey, who had requested some time with her at the start of the night. Once I let Ellie go, I did not touch her again until the end of the night - probably 2 hours later. People just love holding babies!
Mom should be very proud of the auction - I think it was very successful! Then again, Mom might have been one of the highest providers, but it's all for a good cause. Jon and I had established a budget, but he had told me that he trusted my judgment (not necessarily the best idea) and I ended up going over. However, I think it's VERY worthwhile because I will be learning how to make a quilt with Mrs. Saint. A bona fide quilt! (Don't tell Calla that her quilt isn't legit). The auction went until about 9:45 and Ellie and I were heading out of there about an hour later - and we weren't even with the last people to leave! We had a lot of fun and definitely look forward to next year's (don't tell Ellie that she won't be able to come).
 |
| At the auction. Check out those hands. |
 |
| She was sad the auction was over. |
This evening Ellie started crying in her pack'n'play and Jon picked her up, swaddled her, then sat on the couch next to me. He asked me why she was so fast asleep in his arms when she was just awake crying in the pack'n'play minutes earlier. I asked if she had been swaddled and he said no. So I said that they like to feel secure. Jon asks, "Who, women?" No, Jon. Babies.
Yay I can't wait to show calla her tribute!!!! She will love it. We love looking at your blog. Thanks for being so faithful with it! We check it every day!!!
ReplyDeleteEllie still looks so teeny tiny. Yay for her staying so itty bitty!