This morning Ellie had her one month checkup at 10:15 so we wanted to get a good start on the day. Ellie woke up around 6:30 hungry and Jon graciously brought her to me. I can tell that Jon is sleeping better because he handed her to me saying "Ellie did much better last night. You only had to wake up that once to move her." (We had her in the pack'n'play in the living room where she was still sleeping when we went to bed). No, Jon. You just slept through the 3:30 feeding. She did do better, though. I think her first leg was 4 1/2 hours and her second 3. Progress! For breakfast Jon brewed some coffee and I threw some cinnabon things in the oven. I like to keep a tube of those in the fridge for days where we need motivation for getting up. Somehow it helps.
Jon was a champ again when he hung out with Ellie so I could enjoy a shower without wondering if Ellie is alone crying. I was out of the shower shortly after 8 and Jon was on his way. Ellie and I got ready for the doctor, put lotion on her, finished up the grocery list, picked up the house a bit, then packed up. We pulled up with five minutes to spare so I put on a bit of makeup before heading in. Ellie did well and her stats are great: nice and average! Here are her numbers (if I remember correctly):
1 month:
Weight: 9 lb 1 oz
Height: 21 1/2 inches
Head width: 14 3/4 inches
So the nurse taking the measurements wasn't a perfectionist. First of all, she didn't say that Ellie needed a clean diaper (I know for a fact it was at least wet, if not stinky too). Then with her height she gave up with pulling Ellie's leg straight and just decided 21 1/2 seemed good. And lastly with her head, I saw quite a bit of slack. So no wonder her head is so huge! But oh well. These stats aren't going on her college application or anything. If it seems as though she shrinks by next month, though, we'll know why! She was in the 50th percentile for head and height and about 45ish for weight. The graph she draws it on is confusing looking and I never get a good look at it.
After her appointment we went over to Mom's house. Mom wasn't there so we made ourselves comfortable. I snuck into the pantry and grabbed a granola bar and then nursed Ellie. After a quick diaper change we left and headed over to Walmart for some groceries. Now Mom doesn't think that Walmart should count as a grocery store, but it is just so convenient. After I get my act together perhaps I will try traversing out to Amishland for "real" groceries at Yoder's. I don't even know where that is! Walmart did great for this week - they even had steaks on sale! I grabbed a good looking steak and a potato for dinner (change of plans - who wants to cook when Jon can grill?) as well as numerous other items not on my list. But hey, I used coupons on some cleaning supplies so I was just using up the money I saved on other stuff.
We went home and emptied the groceries then ate some lunch. Ellie had the usual while I pulled out a treat for me - Cocoa Puffs. So good. After lunch I vacuumed and made the house look a bit more decent for our company coming later. We headed over to Elverson for....guess what? A walk.
Kelly and Clark met up with us around 2:30 and the five of us went for our usual loop. I had to be home before 4:00 so we actually cute it a bit short, cutting through the office. Mom, Kelly and I all took turns with the strollers so that we all get equal exercise. However somehow Mom seemed to have her hands free during the more intense hills...the perks of being a grandmother.
Ellie and I arrived home at 3:45 and prepared the potato for baking. So that took about two minutes but we made ourselves busy until Mrs. Snyder arrived. Mrs. Snyder was the sixth grade teacher at High Point and had asked to come by and meet Ellie. It was so nice to catch up and hear about HP and her family. She brought Ellie some hats as well as some sleepers for when she's a bit older. It was so nice! She also took some pictures, which she tagged on facebook if you want to see them. Mrs. Snyder stayed for about 45 minutes and left in time for me to set the table and prepare the steak for Jon. Jon grilled and we feasted on steak, baked potato, and salad. Ok, so I skipped the salad. But I ate the raspberries that were on top! So good.
Jon had a mission's committee meeting so Ellie and I camped out on the couch and tried to figure out how to put videos on the blog. I finally figured it out (I think) so here are two videos from today. I tried to give perspective of Ellie's size with the doll, if I put the correct video up.
Ellie is outgrowing newborn clothes. She only fits in the separates - the onesie outfits are too short!
I think Ellie smiled at me this evening. Well, I was looking at her smiling and talking to her and she looked away and smiled. We'll work on that...
They make us take the diaper off completely at our doctor's office! I can't believe how big Ellie is getting, glad she is sleeping better!
ReplyDelete