Well I apologize for the lack of posts Saturday and Sunday but Jon and I were sick. Well, Jon got sick Friday night and was up throwing up a few times. On Saturday he laid low trying to feel better. Meanwhile I went with Mom and Ellie to a Beth Moore seminar at a satellite location at Hopewell Community Church. During the afternoon break I started to feel pretty gross myself so Mom helped me pack up Ellie and her stroller and I went home and went to bed. Poor Ellie probably didn't know what was happening to her that night since I was very unaware of what was going on and poor Jon was still struggling. It was a very long night, to say the least.
![]() |
| Beth Moore |
On Sunday I was still not feeling well so I stayed in bed until 9:30 when Jon had breakfast ready. After two bites of toast and about that many sips of orange juice, I was back in bed. Jon was feeling much better by lunch time and he made us some soup. It's amazing there was soup to be made with the lack of groceries around here! I basically was a bum while Jon worked on mission's committee items, picked up the living room and kitchen, and cleaned out our junk drawer in the kitchen. It was great! It almost makes me want to get sick more often....well, at least time my sickness to the weekend so Jon is around. In the evening Jon, Ellie and I watched the first episode of "Band of Brothers." We are borrowing the series from Ben and Jess, so we'll be watching that for the next few weeks.
Today I had a nice and slow morning that involved keeping Ellie alive and taking a shower. When I feel unproductive, I remind myself I kept a baby alive. Ha. It kind of helps. Jon came home for lunch and Ellie was able to get some snuggle time in with him. In the afternoon Ellie and I went birthday shopping for Jon, so I won't disclose where we went. She did well besides getting a bit fussy in our first store, so I held her a bit. People act so strangely when you have a baby. I thought they were weird when I was pregnant, but they are even more so with the baby in your arms! They come up to you and ask how old the baby is, ooh and aaah, then talk in their weird voice to the baby. Well, mostly to me but pretending to be asking the baby. It makes for interesting shopping trips! I nursed Ellie in the car before the second store and then we headed home and were back before Mimi called and asked to stop by. Mimi bought Ellie a letter "E" for her nursery so she wanted to see her bedding for inspiration of what to paint on it. We're excited to see the finished product!
Jon worked late and then picked up some random groceries at Walmart. Random = crackers, diapers, an oil filter and oil for my car, and tortillas. We had leftovers from Wednesday's dinner from the Palladinos - Mexican! So good. After dinner Jon changed the oil in my car while I wrapped some of his gifts. I love birthdays! (His birthday is on Thursday, in case you're wondering).
Since we had Mexican food I told Jon he could harvest the peppers from the pepper plant I had in our back yard. A few months ago Caleb gave me a pepper plant from Dan Sack in a plastic cup. I never got around to transplanting it and I haven't watered any of my plants since Ellie was born almost a month ago, so I was shocked to see it alive and seemingly thriving. Jon picked them and ate them - all two of the tiny boogers. But he said they were good! Perhaps next year I'll actually plant them and we'll have a real garden going.
After dinner Jon and I did some computer work before deciding to watch the second episode of Band of Brothers. After it was over, Jon snuck in a quick game of Fifa. Ellie slept during both events on Jon's chest:
I told Caleb that Ellie was ready for her portrait, since she can stay very still for long periods (while she sleeps). He said, DONE:




Hahahaha I think her portrait is hilarious!!!!
ReplyDelete