Friday, September 21, 2012

Alebrije

Today was a fairly full day for Miss Ellie and me. She woke up around 8:00 for the day and we had breakfast, read the blogs, and texted Mom and Kelly to see if they wanted to go on a walk. I also spent some time filling in a review on a product I was testing for IM. Considering Ellie hadn't improved her sleeping at night, she decided to try to stay awake as much as possible. She was probably awake a good two hours or more this morning. She was awake while I made Jon's lunch, packed the car, drove to IM, drove to Mom's house, and were on our way to Summerfield. I'm not sure when she finally fell asleep, but it was late! We decided to extend our walk and went 2.81 miles. I don't know about Mom and Kelly, but I think we're getting faster, too! Mom did inform me that she will only be walking for as long as the weather is enjoyable. Fair weather fan...
Kelly ordered lunch at the deli and stuck around Elverson for lunch but Ellie and I had plans already set. We went home, Ellie ate, and we relaxed until Steph and Ainsley came over. Steph brought us lunch and then hung out, picking out her Mary Kay order, until she had to go to school to pick up Perry. She had been wanting to come and spend some time with us for a while and just finally got around to making it happen. It was nice!
Ellie decided again, after a brief nap following her lunch, to try hard to stay awake. She comes so close to sleep and then, boom, her eyes shoot back open again. I really needed a shower and some time to get ready for tonight so I was thankful when she finally fell asleep. I really didn't want her to wake up so I placed her in her car seat. For whatever reason she stays asleep easier in there than on the flat crib or pack'n'play. I think it's because it holds her close as if a person is holding her. She sat in their during my shower and woke up when I was starting my makeup. I nursed her and then Jon fortunately came home so I could quickly finish getting ready.
Fighting sleep!
Sleeping while I get ready.
Doug and Donna had asked if we would go out to dinner with them for Jon and Omar's birthday. Omar's birthday was July 27th, but they were in Africa, so they decided to just couple it with Jon's birthday. We arrived at their house around 5:30 where we had a toast and appetizers. Jon and Omar also opened their gifts before we headed off to Alebrije. 
The proud father with his daughter, ready to go eat Mexican!
Alebrije is a small chain (3 locations) in our area that Jon and I ate at during our first year of marriage. We had a good experience so when Donna asked Jon where he wanted to go, he brought it up. Jon and Omar both got the same dish which had a sauce that Puebla is known for, Mole. I personally can't stand the stuff but they love it. I got chicken, beef, and shrimp fajitas. It's one of those dishes that comes out sizzling on a miniature pan thing. I personally believe my meal was the best and that everyone was a bit jealous! Ellie was an absolute gem and stayed in her car seat the entire time. It was the first meal I ate while taking my time or not holding Ellie in a while! After dinner Omar came over to our house and the two of them played FIFA and Kinect Sports. Jon actually just returned from running Omar home. I suppose that means it's time for bed! 


Ellieisms:
Ellie must be growing or something. She ate a lot today and also pushed it right back out just as quickly. She had so many messy diapers! 

1 comment:

  1. Do you guys have a swing? Emily loves sleeping in the swing and so did Haley!

    ReplyDelete