Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ellie Decides to Like Bananas

I enjoy Thursdays and Fridays because we do not have any standard schedules during the day. Today I had a few things I wanted to accomplish, out of which I started two. It's a start, I suppose.
Jon went running and Ellie woke up shortly before he came home at 7:30. We had some breakfast together before Jon went off to work. I also had to go to Iron Mountains but not until 10:00. Laundry was high on my to-do list since it was starting to pile up in the chute. So after I was ready to go I started Ellie's laundry.
Waiting for breakfast with Dad
Kelly graciously agreed to watch Ellie while I went into Iron Mountains for a car seat install session. It took about an hour and when I came back to Fenton's Ellie was sleeping. Aunt Kelly has the touch! We hung around for a while and decided to meet up again after Clark's nap.
Having decided to see how Ellie takes to eating solids, we spent some time trying out more bananas this afternoon. I'm not sure how many fractions of an ounce she actually swallowed but she seemed to become more familiar with how a spoon works. She then took a nap while I switched the laundry a couple times and made some phone calls. When Kelly texted saying that Clark was awake we swung by their house before all four of us left for Reading.
I have been trying to think ahead and purchase most of my meat at the Reading Fairground Market as well as the fresh vegetables and fruit I may need. However, since I only go every couple weeks it's not very realistic. I made up a list and promptly forgot it at home so I did my best to remember some of the items. We also walked up and down a few of the rows to see what other goods were offered. Kelly has been in the market for a bed rail for Clark's new bed and the Market is right next to Burlington Coat Factory so a stop was made. Although a bed rail was not found, we definitely found enough to keep us happy for a while. Ellie picked out new spoons, a carseat toy (about time), and a summer outfit. Exciting!
Taking it all in at the Market
Clark acting all chill.
It was 5:30 when we arrived home and Jon pulled in shortly after us. I fed Ellie some more bananas which I think she actually enjoyed eating. Taking a few minutes to warm up she was soon was fussing until she was smacking her lips on some banana. I think she liked them!
Our small group begins at 6:30 and the Estes' were hosting all the way in New Holland. We were a bit late but it did not seem to matter. Fortunately Ellie behaved although she was very tired by the end and almost fell asleep on Jon's lap. She does not like to miss any action, though. We left around 9:30 and she was asleep as soon as the car was moving. Time will tell if the late bedtime impacts her nighttime sleep pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment