| Good morning! |
| Almost 5 months! |
For the first time Ellie and I arrived before Kelly and Clark. Grandpa was waiting at the door in his coat and he came out and carried Ellie into the house. He then proceeded to wait at the door watching for the Fenton's to come so he could bring Clark in for Kelly. It was really sweet because he would put his hat on when he saw a car that looked like theirs.
Grandma made a breakfast cake, sandwiches, applesauce, and of course had cookies and other goodies. Clark eats very well and would demonstrate his desire for different foods by pointing and making his sounds. We always have quite a spread at Grandma's! Ellie went down for a nap during lunch so I didn't get any pictures of her at their house but here are a few of Clark. He was tired at the end so that's why he looks it.
| Prince of the palace |
| Clark prefers to feed himself! |
| Heading out to the car |
I spent some time trying to figure out how to hang up items in Ellie's room. I hung up her hair-bow holder that the Brusts gave her and have planned (I think) where to place the other items. I was unable to hang up the wooden sign that says "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" because it will go over her crib and will probably need a screw or something heavy-duty.
At 5:00 Ellie was awake when Brenda and Brooke came for Brooke's piano lesson. I laid her down on her play mat and she stayed relatively content during the lesson. Brenda did at the end have to work a bit to keep her happy - Ellie was just wanting some attention!
Jon came home and played with Ellie while I prepared dinner. He spent a lot of time working on Ellie's ability to roll over. She was not successful but if she continues to practice and "work out" she will probably be successful soon! When Jon would help her roll over she would do a partial roll afterwards to get in the position she wanted to see better.
We had spaghetti for dinner and then Peter and Brittany came over to watch the most recent episode of Downton Abbey. I made some cookies and tea and brought out chips and salsa, pretzels, and M&Ms. Jon made a fire in the basement and the boys played FIFA while I put Ellie down to sleep. We watched the episode and then made some predictions about the future episodes and criticisms about the new season. It was an enjoyable way to spend our Monday night! Now Jon is furiously working on my Christmas present on the computer. I'm going to try to read a bit on nighttime sleeping before heading to bed. Hopefully it will help as I am half-asleep stumbling to Ellie's room later tonight.
Ellieisms:
Ellie sucks on her fingers a lot. Sometimes she has two or three in her mouth while other times she tries to fit them all in at the same time.
| Exhibit A |
No comments:
Post a Comment