I began my Tuesday with the intention of figuring out a good sleep schedule for Ellie. I would remain home all morning and into the afternoon with the goal of having her nap two hours after she wakes up from her prior nap and keep her in her room for a decent nap time. I did not think this plan through entirely because she may have laid in her room for an hour and a half during her "first nap" time slot, but I do not believe she fell asleep. If she did it was only thirty minutes since I was checking on her every so often.
Jon came home for lunch and I still didn't think Ellie had really slept for any substantial amount of time. But at least she had rested - that counts, right? After lunch she took a brief nap during which I showered. Mom recommended that I try laying down with her so since I was done showering when she woke up I tried to have her fall back asleep with me. Nope. Soon it was time to head to teach.
I never though I'd be thankful for teaching lessons in order to have some baby-free time. Don't get me wrong, the extra income is wonderful - but so is the time where Ellie is in good hands and I can pretend I'm an average person. The Kanes had cancelled their lessons so I dropped Ellie off at Grandma and Grandpa's during Abby Hoke's and Brooke Stoltzfus' lessons. Usually I take her along to theirs but Grandma wanted to have Ellie sometime and that's when it worked out.
Grandma said that Ellie drank her entire bottle and took a nap in her arms. She didn't put her down at all. I hope that was due to wanting to hold Ellie and not that Ellie was being a stinker. Grandpa helped bring Ellie in and out of the house.
We headed home and we had leftovers for dinner then Jon left for the missions committee meeting at church. Due to her lack of naps Ellie was tired by dinner but stayed awake until 6:45. She was sleeping soundly in her crib around 7:00 so I spent some time on the computer and doing Bible Study homework. I decided to head to bed early just in case Ellie had another bad night of sleep or woke up super early. By 9:00 I was in bed and Jon came home around 10:30.
Ellie woke up three times in the night and I nursed her two of those times (2:00 and 6:00). I would have tried the pacifier more if I wouldn't always convince myself that she's probably going through a growth spurt.
This morning was our first day back at Precepts. We are continuing to study Ezekiel and Ellie has been signed up to be in the childcare the entire time. After Ellie woke up at 6:00 I was worried that she wouldn't go back to sleep. After several paci-pops she continued to snooze. Jon and I had breakfast and I prepared for the day and ended up having to wake baby up to leave (it was not hard since she was starting to wake up on her own anyway). We arrived on time and Ellie was the first kid in childcare. I had a bottle for her and told the girls a few directions and then enjoyed the study sitting next to Mimi.
Jon had a long meeting yesterday evening and had not slept well last night due to drinking coffee (bad idea) so I called him up and asked if he wanted to go out for lunch. Excited to get out of the office on this dreary day, we met up at AJ's. Ellie fell asleep for her first nap in the car (she woke up at 9:00 and finally fell asleep at 12:00, if you care). Waking up after we ate, Ellie stayed in her car seat the entire time. I am so thankful she likes that seat!
![]() |
| Nap #1: in carseat |
![]() |
| Father & daughter |
We put dinner together before Jon came home and I worked on my Bible Study more. Ellie went down for another nap right before Jon arrived so we ate dinner and cleaned up together while she slept. Since Ellie had gone to bed so early last night I wanted to try to leave her home while I went to my evening Bible Study at Brittany's. Her late nap threw me off but I still made it work. Jon had her down with him while he vacuumed the basement for the prayer group guys and then she watched me wash the kitchen floor. At 6:45 I texted Brittany saying I would be late and I nursed Ellie and put her down to sleep. I was surprised with how easily she went down so I told Jon she was in her room, a bottle was in the fridge, and to text with problems.
I was impressed that I did not receive a text during the study. However, after the prayer time I realized that I had missed a call and two texts. Sorry, Jon! The first text said "help" then the second one said "she calmed down." I felt bad since I did not see the texts until twenty minutes after they were sent because of the prayer time. Oops. Fortunately Jon handled the situation well and actually had her back in bed sleeping when I arrived home. I think Jon has now signed up to take care of Ellie every Wednesday night :)
Ellieisms:
Ellie cries when we walk into her bedroom and the lights are off.
![]() |
| Not too thrilled about eating things from a spoon. |
| Silly smile |
| holding her bottle |
| Going in for a chomp |
| She throws her toys on the ground then bites her tray |



1. haha glad that my barf-filled day made yours seem easier!!!!
ReplyDelete2. i'm sorry Ellie is going through a tough-sleep phase. i know it consumes all your thoughts bc it always consumed all of mine when my babies were Ellie's age but soon they'll be all grown and you won't even remember it. or, barely! hope it gets better!
3. love the pic of Ellie smiling in her high chair!
4. BUY A BOX AND MAIL ELLIE OUT HERE. WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE HER. ha
5. 6 MORE DAYS UNTIL YOUR BIRTHDAY!