We made it to the Mom's Together event only three minutes late and we even stopped by Mom's house to pick up the orange juice she had forgotten. Al Kimball spoke about how men think and the marriage relationship. The food was delicious and our table had some good discussion time. Ellie hung out in the nursery with eight other infants and the childcare workers said she did really well. One young girl, Emily Green, said she even fell asleep on her lap and she loved it.
Debating whether to stay in Elverson or go home to put Ellie down for a nap I decided to head home. I stopped first at Twin Valley Family Fitness to sign up for four months. After having Ellie I tried going for walks but it is just too cold now. If I would sign up for four months that would take me to late May and (hopefully) ready to feel healthy again by summer. As I was talking about trying to get a discount for being part of CEFC (you get a 15% off discount) the lady at the desk asked if I was Merle's daughter. Why yes, I am. Apparently I have a free membership even though I'm married. I double checked and then asked how much it would be to have Ellie in the childcare. Well she counts, too! So I walked in ready to drop almost $60 a month (which is way too much in my personal opinion) and left having a free membership! I was thrilled: Jon was ecstatic.
I fueled up then took Ellie home and prayed that her short nap from Joanna Store to home (about 3 miles) wouldn't mess up her real nap. She woke up when we arrived home and didn't fall asleep after I fed her so I decided to lay down with her in my bed. It became obvious that I had never slept with that baby because I didn't even know how she would want to lay. I ended up just putting her on Jon's side of the bed and laying down myself. She never fell asleep so after a while I put her down in her crib.
I never want to wake Ellie up from her naps but I needed to in order to make it to Brooke's flute lesson. She was awake so Aunt Carol took her and watched her during the lesson. Turner enjoyed spending some time with her, too. I then dropped baby off with Grandma and Grandpa and went to Kane's for their piano lessons.
Grandma and Grandpa invited us over along with the Fenton's and Mom and Dad for dinner before Mom and Dad leave for Uganda. It was a delicious meal and we enjoyed spending time with everyone. I had asked Grandma if I could find someone else to watch Ellie since she was hosting dinner but she had insisted to keep her. I love that Ellie is able to spend time with her great grandparents each week!
After dinner we came home and Jon worked on the computer while I did my Bible Study homework for tomorrow. I am now going to figure out what Ellie and I will wear tomorrow so that I won't be rushing to Precepts in the morning.
![]() |
| Cousins at Grandma's |
Ellie has been sleeping terribly recently. I really need to write down when she wakes up but I think last night she woke up three times between midnight when I went to bed and eight o'clock when I woke up. I also ran out of her baby food so perhaps if I get on a more regular schedule with her eating that will help. It didn't seem to help when she first started eating but there's time to change!
![]() |
| Being silly |


No comments:
Post a Comment