Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pictureless Post

Jon took the day off on Friday because he had an extra vacation day leftover from 2012. He started the day by running and then made us eggs for breakfast. Three of my friends from college are set to visit in March so we have a new goal for completing our shower in the basement. My task was to pick out the tile and since we had shopped around on Thursday evening Jon went out to Home Depot to compare prices. He came home a few hours later (poor guy) with the needed supplies. Ellie and I hung around home and did the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen while he was away.
To give me a vision of what the tile will look like Jon set it up by duck taping a view pieces on the wall. Apparently we had a bit of a miscommunication over the phone because I felt as though we were missing a few pieces we had discussed. After I drew a rendering of what I was envision Jon said that'd be fine but we would need to run to Home Depot again. No problem.
Although Jon did not have all the tiles he needed for the shower he worked on the other setup details: drawing lines and whatnot. I'm not entirely sure.
It started snowing in the middle of the afternoon. We had a meeting at 4:30 in Exeter to complete our refinancing adventure. The snow had laid more than predicted so we left with 45 minutes to drive the 25 minute trip. We arrived with plenty of time and signed the papers. We drove out to the Reading Home Depot to pick up our last tiling supplies and ended up picking up a few other items including a 5 1/2 foot tall mirror. I've been looking for a full length mirror since we've been married but they've always been over $50. This one was $35 so I was thrilled. Plus, Home Depot allowed us to use our Lowe's 10% off coupon so we saved quite a bit.
For dinner we headed off for dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Mount Penn. Frank Grosso had taken him there a few weeks ago for lunch and he's been wanting to take me ever since. Due to the snow the restaurant was completely empty. We bought 10 tacos for $10 and also ordered chips and salsa and 2 Mexican drinks (I had a Mexican pineapple soda and Jon had a milk drink thing). It was all delicious and we had leftovers to bring home.
We came home and Jon once again taped the tiles up to confirm they are the look I am after. I took a picture of the pattern but haven't downloaded any pictures today. I'll post it next time.
Ellieisms:
Still no rolling over. Jon is on training duty.

1 comment:

  1. Oo I love to hear about all the home improvement updates! I will live vicariously through you bc there's changes I'd like to make to our bathroom but I have no idea how to even begin. So instead I'm just using the other bathroom and ignoring it hahaha. jk.

    OH rolling over is so over-rated. Then you have to worry about her being up on a bed or the changing table. Just tell her not to think about it. I have a friend whose son is rolling over all over the place and all the sudden you have to be worried they are going to crash into something and injure themselves haha.

    true story: Kelsey rolled over a couple times and then she was over it. She never made it a regular practice until now, when she somersaults all the time.

    that mexican food explanation made me hungry. and it's 12:20am so hunger is not exactly a good idea....

    ReplyDelete