Today we did not have any reason to arrive at church early so our morning was more relaxed than the average Sunday morning. Ellie woke up around 7:15 so I bathed her and got ready for church. Jon made breakfast, as usual, and dressed Ellie while I finished my hair and makeup. Somehow we still arrived 10 minutes late. Someday we will be on time.
I told the nursery workers to call me if Ellie seemed hungry during the first service so that they could use her bottle during second service and I wouldn't have to miss any of the sermon. About fifteen minutes before Sunday School ended I was called and fed Ellie and tried to put her to sleep. She was asleep when I left but when I picked her up after the sermon they said that she hadn't slept much. Oh well. Such is a Sunday.
After church we had signed up to get our picture taken for the new photo directory. Our picture might look a bit crazy because I didn't really think ahead and Jon was wearing plaid, I was wearing leopard print, and Ellie was wearing her Christmas dress from Mom. Hopefully they won't wait another 10 years for the next photo directory update.
Mom invited us and the Fenton's over for lunch to spend some time with Caleb before he heads back to Covenant. She made a spread of rice, green beans, cranberry chicken, salad, and rolls. Brie was also there and we asked them both about this upcoming semester along with other things. I'll miss having Caleb around after he leaves tomorrow!
When we came home I tried to put Ellie down for a nap since she hadn't really slept all morning. Well she definitely fought me but I prevailed. At 5:30 we ate a snack and headed off to prayer meeting. Clark was the only other kid in the nursery when I dropped Ellie off and he walked right up to her and she smiled at him. They'll be good pals, I think.
Once again Ellie didn't last the entire service so I was called out before the end and fed her. I tell the nursery workers when I drop her off that if she seems angry when she's fussing that she's probably hungry and to just call me. When I arrived tonight she definitely wasn't hungry but just tired. I really do not mind being called out because I would rather miss some of the service than have a sad, crying baby. After church we came home and ate dinner and are now watching another episode of Horatio Hornblower while Jon keeps the fire burning. Cozy.
Ellieisms:
Ellie now brings toys to her mouth!
I didn't take any pictures today so I thought I'd add some pictures from her first week of life.
![]() |
| First picture! |
| First family picture |
![]() |
| Hanging with her doll on the leaf |
| Most of the cousins |
![]() |
| Learning to like a paci |
![]() |
| Just last week (for comparison with the paci) |
![]() |
| Snoozing |





No comments:
Post a Comment