Ellie woke up as I was getting out of the shower and we miraculously arrived at Precepts on time. Jon had asked me to stay in the Elverson area since Fisher (our mechanic) needed to look at my car's breaks. While I was in Precepts I really felt the desire to eat a turkey twist from the deli. I texted him after study and he agreed to split one after Fisher looked at my car. To pass the time until our appointment I dropped off some dry cleaning and deposited checks at the bank.
Fisher had good news for the breaks (apparently Jon thought ones he had fixed were messed up but apparently it's the ones that he did not fix) so he was happy. I picked up the sandwich then met up with Jon back at his office. If we would have gone home it would have been a lot of time wasted driving for Jon so Ellie and I ate with him at his work's lunch room. It was closer to 1:00 so shortly after we arrived the other men who were eating left so it was just our little family.
The turkey twist tasted so good! I thought about trying to send one with Mom and Dad for Corinne but realized it wouldn't work since you're usually not allowed to take unpackaged food outside of the country. Sorry, Corinne! It's the thought that counts, right??
Arriving home around 1:00 I wanted to get a good nap in for Ellie. It was a warm yet dreary day so I also laid down for about 10 minutes. I was all ready for my 3:00 piano lesson to arrive and they didn't show up. Noticing the time I checked my answering machine and they had left a message asking to come at a later time. I called her up and scheduled them at 4:30. Ellie woke up at 3:10 a very sad girl so I was glad they moved the lesson! Praise the Lord they weren't waiting in the living room when she woke up crying. She was worked up enough that it took a while to calm her down. I can never tell if she has a temperature or not since whenever I'm around Mom and think she feels warm Mom says she feels fine. Ellie is typically a very easy baby to keep happy so when she was still upset after thirty minutes of love and care (ha) I decided to try to give her some Tylenol. I don't know how much she actually swallowed but she cheered up for my 4:00 lesson and lasted right until 5:10 when my second student left. Being overtired Ellie did not want to take a nap. I really needed to vacuum so I laid her in her crib with her pacifier and doll and turned on the vacuum. Her crying stopped immediately. Therefore I decided to quickly clean up the bathroom and pull dinner out of the fridge. When Jon walked in I hadn't done any vacuuming but at least some things had been accomplished.
On Wednesday evenings Jon and I both have our separate groups: he hosts prayer group at our house and I go to Brittany's for a women's Bible study. For the past two weeks Ellie has remained home with Jon but has woken up during the prayer group. This week I took her with me. She did okay: good, not great. We decided to switch on and off so that we can each enjoy peaceful group times. Tara came with me this week. A few weeks ago I thought to ask her if she wanted to join the group and drive with me and she said yes. Since she lives just a mile up the road she comes here and we drive over together. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better as we carpool.
I'm sorry for the lack of pictures. I didn't take any pictures today. So perhaps I'll look back at five months ago. Here's a flash from August 26thish:
| after her first bath |
Ellieisms:
Ellie has gotten really close to rolling over but without success yet. I am not pressuring her to start, though.
When she was in the swing today she would arch her back when she didn't want to be in there anymore. She has also started doing that in her car seat. Driving could become bad quickly...
I have been told that I should register Ellie into the local beautiful baby contest. At least I think it's local...Anyway, that's not the point. I thought it was funny and very kind of someone to say. Apparently Jon and I are not the only one who think Ellie is cute!


1. An easy-peezy way to know if your baby has a fever is to nurse them. If they have a fever (even a low grade one), their mouth will feel very hot on your chest.
ReplyDelete2. I can't believe Ellie is at the back-arching stage! She's no longer itty bitty! She's got OPINIONS now! Hahaha
3. Aunt Rin used to do the vacuum trick w Calla all the time! Worked like a charm!!
4. There wouldn't be any problems if u want to go ahead and mail me a turkey twist. YUM