Monday, September 24, 2012

Easing Back into Teaching


Last night Ellie had a pretty good night. She slept 4 hours followed by 2 hours or so. Even with her better sleep pattern I brought her to nurse in bed in the morning and we hung out there until I realized she was not going to fall back asleep. Jon had left early to go running with Mark D. so he was long gone by then. In the morning we hung out, ate breakfast, then took a nap. You know you don't have much going on when you can take a nap before lunch! I was trying to just put Ellie to sleep but every time I'd put her down she'd wake up. But hey, I'll take the excuse for a nap.
We slept until lunch time when Jon came home for lunch. I put together some tuna salad for sandwiches and Ellie decided she was famished right when we were ready to eat. Oh well! Such is life. I had only two goals for our afternoon: shower and be ready to teach Abby at 3:00. About a week ago Aunt Carol emailed and asked if she could not only bring us dinner at Abby's first lesson back but if she could hold Ellie while I taught. I said, sure! My plan was to start teaching my students in October, but since she offered dinner and babysitting I decided to start a bit earlier. I fortunately was showered and able to pick up the house a bit before they came and then I told Aunt Carol that she likes her belly and if she wants to rock her she can go in her nursery. Ellie held herself together fairly well (she was fighting sleep, like usual) and she even gave Aunt Carol a stinky diaper to change.
After Aunt Carol left I put Ellie to sleep and spent some time figuring out the menu for next week. Life continues and now I need to figure out how to get back into grocery shopping for a week's worth of food. Jon came home around 5:30 and we ate dinner followed by a walk in Summerfield. Jon knows that if I stay home all day I might be cranky, so it's best to get me out! We parked at his parent's house and ended up walking 2.8 miles. I know these random numbers since I have a neat app on my phone where I can figure out routes and see how far we go. Now I'm supposed to be writing my grocery list but instead I'm reading blogs while Jon is down installing the shower controls. I should take pictures of his progress and send it to you.
I apologize for the lame pictures. I'm trying to figure out how to put videos on the blog...I don't think it's the blog but my computer that's giving me trouble right now. Oh well.
Ok, I'm hungry. I think it's ice cream time!
Napping


Heading out
This expression cracks Jon & me up. What a stinker.
Mom and I were talking the other day about how we are excited for Les Miserables. Well, it comes out 12/12/12 so we were thinking that all the girls should go together to see it over Christmas. Sound like a plan? Good. Here's a trailer (if this works) to help get you excited!


1 comment:

  1. So Grandma and Grandpa had no idea that you have a blog and I told them! Hope that's okay, I'm not sure they will remember the url anyways but they may ask about it!

    ReplyDelete