After I finish my posts I think of all the things I forgot to write. So here are a few things I neglected to mention in the past two posts:
When Ellie was "working" at Iron Mountains they weighed her (with clothes and diaper) and she came in at 7lb 4 oz. I had estimated on the chart I filled out before they weighed her that she was probably 6 1/2 lbs...whoops! I definitely have noticed her growth in the past few days as her newborn clothes are becoming snug.
On Friday after the playdate Kelly sent me home with my very own streusel cake and a bag of banana muffins! I am spoiled.
On Saturday morning I gave Ellie her first bath solo. Her umbilical chord fell off so I put her in her little bathtub. I didn't find it too super helpful, since the hardest part to wash is her back so the tub isn't helpful in that area. I'll master it all sooner or later.
I know there was more I was missing, but I'll think of it after I post Sunday's post...
Saturday night I decided to wake up at 7:15 in order to arrive at church on time. Well, 7:30 finally rolled around and I hopped in the shower after feeding Ellie her first breakfast. Jon made coffee and pancakes and Ellie and I were ready to go by 8:55. Close, but not early enough to actually arrive at church on time. A 20s-30s Sunday School class is being taught by our new pastor Jere Scott but it's during the second hour, so we would have to attend first hour worship. Well, our running record has not been great (we have yet to be to church on time, much less seated before the service begins) so Jon and I decided it would be best to wait until we have our act together to go to this new Sunday School class. When we arrived at church Jon headed to the men's SS and I went to the women's. The little room we meet in was packed out (two people sat in the hall!) but Ellie and I got a front row seat. Over halfway through she woke up so we went out in the hall and I fed her before SS was over.
Having a newborn you really find out who in the church are baby lovers. For instance, Matt Griffith has come over every week I have had her there (morning and evening, it seems!) and doted about how little she is, how cute, etc. It's really funny! Even Homer Shorts came over last week and peaked into her carrier.
We sat in the back with Omar and Ellie did well until about 11:30 when she seemed to be trying to boo and I really didn't want her to be noisy in the process. The church was packed out so I decided to take her to the nursing room to change her diaper and feed her before church ended. Jaime Wallenwaber was in there with her 6 month old son, Luke, so we chatted for a bit until church ended. I had decided to hold Ellie since she wasn't really liking her car seat and when I made it to the lobby about 8 middle school girls came and stood around Ellie asking about her. One girl even asked to hold her, and I said perhaps another time. After talking to a few other people I took Ellie to Pops so he could spend some time holding her a bit before he needed to go to work (we initially wanted to have him over for lunch, but maybe another time!).
While people were holding and looking at Ellie, I noticed that she has started to go cross-eyed! I suppose that means she's developing her eyesight, but it's definitely not the most attractive look. I noticed it first when Pops was holding her and she was definitely looking towards his face with very wide, crossed eyes. She was awake after the service until we went home. It's fun when she's awake in public.
In the afternoon we came home, ate lunch, took a nap, and figured out what's next on the bathroom project before heading to prayer meeting. Jon had a meeting at church for the missions committee at 5:00 so Ellie and I went with him early and I fed her, changed her, and read some of my book. Uncle Steve was leading prayer meeting and it was kind of a "get to know Jere-Scott and Dorothy" night. I wasn't thinking because I picked seats in the front row really close to Uncle Steve. Ellie was doing just fine until about 20 minutes in when she started crying (whoops!) so we went to the back and hung out there. She was having a hard time staying asleep and would make noise unless I was swaying/patting her bottom or something. It worked out, though, since it was mainly talking and a little bit of praying here and there.
 |
| Ellie hanging out in church |
 |
I put her in her carrier before it started.
She's just too much fun to hold, though! |
After church we came home and finished some leftovers for dinner. I wrote the last blog while watching Jon play a game of FIFA in the basement.
LOVE all the expression pictures! I know I've said this before, but she totally looks like you!
ReplyDelete