We arrived 5 minutes early and were in and out in twenty minutes. I told my doctor that I missed him at Ellie's delivery and he told me that we broke the rules by going early. Ha. I'd give you my stats but they didn't measure my length or head width or my percentage compared to the general population, so I won't bore you with my weight.
I was very tempted to stop by Chik Fil A for lunch and run into Target or Babies R Us, but I went home instead. I didn't think a 20 minute appointment warranted a $9 lunch or a shopping trip. Ellie and I decided instead to head home, eat lunch, start the laundry, and do my Bible study homework. Ellie cooperated by taking a nap with only a short interruption for a snack. Day 1 after my Bible studies and I did my homework for both. We'll see how that continues.
Jon came home for dinner and we ate some leftovers before heading out to small group in New Holland at Brock and Nebin's house. This was our first meeting with our new group and I think it went well! We will be studying Ecclesiastes and our group consists of the Brock & Nebin, Mark & Nelah, Dave & Joie Culbert, and Paul & Sarah Rus. Dave will be leading and he did a great job tonight. After the study Jon and I went through a McDonalds drive thru for a pick-me-up for the 30 minute drive home.
This afternoon we found out some sad news. Jon's mom's mother, Granny-Lynn, passed away. Her health had been declining these past several months so Ellie actually never had the opportunity to meet her. The memorial service will probably be next Saturday. Granny-Lynn will be missed!
Ellieisms:
Ellie wore her last newborn diaper today. She has officially graduated into size 1.
Below: I am trying to get Ellie to smile without success. You may want to watch this video on mute, my voice is quite obnoxious. You have been warned.
Below: Jon discovered a trick Ellie can do. If you rotate her side to side, she goes cross-eyed! It works the first time.
I can't believe all of Ellie's tricks! She's super talented! Did you have your doctor's appointment early or has it already been six weeks?!
ReplyDeleteWhat is with the dads feeling the need to torment their babies??? I just read Katelyn and David's blog and now this! Back in my day we never......
ReplyDelete:) Love, Mimi
Look ^ how Katelyn and I must have been reading your blog at the same time!! Love, Mimi
ReplyDeleteKatelyn - on Saturday it's 6 weeks. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad people are actually reading the blog!
Mom- Jon thinks it's hilarious how she goes cross-eyed. He discovered it when he was trying to keep eye contact when he was working on getting her to smile.