Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day

On labor day Ellie and I woke up relatively early to meet Cat Baskin and her friend from MD for breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. "Momma Dunkin" was excited to see the baby and offered her advice - to make sure her head didn't sit funny in the car seat. She says it's not good for her neck. Thanks, Momma D. Our Dunkin date ended up lasting over an hour. Afterwards we stopped by Walmart to pick up ingredients for our dessert we needed to take to the Mountz get together. We went home, put together the apple & blueberry crisp, then prepared to head to Parkersburg. While we were out and baking, Jon was installing the vent for the basement bathroom's fan. This was a big pain, since he had to run a pipe from the basement up through the house to the roof. He ran it through Ellie's closet, and it worked out great. 
Our labor day festivities began at 1:00 and we had appetizers before having a late lunch. I basically only held Ellie when I was feeding her - it was a lot of fun to pass her around. Owen and Layla both spent quite a bit of time holding her, which was cute. They both obviously know how to handle babies!
Owen watching on as Layla has her turn.
Owen's turn!
Napping cousins
CeCe really wanted to grab Ellie whenever she was close by. I like this picture below because Amanda and Owen are blocking CeCe's path.
People started heading home around 6 but Jon and I stuck around a bit longer and headed home around 8:30. We really enjoyed our time at Ben and Jess's and Ellie showed off and made motherhood look easy!
Sleeping Beauty
Happy Labor Day!


1 comment: