Leaving about 15 minutes later we did our usual loop with a quick pit-stop at the church where Jon was helping rip off the roof for new shingles. I asked him if he knew what was happening for dinner (pizza at his parents) and made sure we were on the same page. Then we were off back to Mom's house. I ended up nursing and changing Ellie's diaper before heading over to Doug and Donna's for pizza. Omar had passed his license exam so we were celebrating together his success. While we were waiting for dinner we watched CBS 3 Philly at 6:00 because the Hannas, friends from church, were featured. On Tuesday Sean Hanna had delivered his son on the side of 202 since they did not make it to the hospital. What a story. I am so glad that did not happen to us!
After our pizza dinner Omar came over to our place and him and Jon dueled it out in FIFA for a good hour or two. By the time they were finished Ellie and I were sleeping. Since I never know how our nights will go I have made an effort to go to bed around 10:30. It was a good thing I did because Ellie decided to wake up at 3:00 and fight sleep until about 5:00. Jon was up for a spell with her and I ultimately took her to the living room and reclined on the couch so I could fall asleep while I waited for her to fall asleep on my chest. It worked!
This morning Jon woke up early and headed back over to the church to put shingles on. Ellie and I went back to sleep after he left until 9:30, when I got up to get ready. Of course Ellie realized it was time to wake up so I ultimately just laid her on the bed so I could jump in the shower. I knew when I left her there that she was working on something stinky but I was surprised when I returned to find that her diaper had leaked and she had made a mess of the sheets. Fortunately I had placed her on Jon's side of the bed so I'm golden.
When I was changing her diaper I decided to just quickly give her a bath since tomorrow is church and she really did need a bath. Of course the bath was not as quick as I anticipated since I scrubbed her scalp in attempts to rid her head of cradle cap. I made some progress!
At 11:00 we left home and headed to Mom and Dad's for worship practice. Ellie was good for the first thirty minutes and when she started to protest about being stuck in her car seat, Pops took her out and held her for the duration. When people see Ellie sometimes they say that she looks like her Pops!
After practice I ran up to the farmer's market and picked up some cheese and an iced toddy. I don't know how much longer they'll be making them, so I thought I should get one before it's too late! I then hung around with Mom until it was time to head over to Doug and Donna's. Today they were having an open house for Grandma Mountz, who is turning 95 on October 8th. They had it today because some out of town relatives were visiting. Donna had a spread of pies, cheese & crackers, vegetables, and beverages. It was a very nice time. Ellie and I were there from 2:00 until 4:45, not really abiding by the open house "drop in" rules. Jon didn't come until after he finished on the roof, which was close to 4:15 by the time he ran home and showered. Ellie didn't mind, though, since she was being passed around and held the entire time!
We left the open house at 4:45 because we had been invited over to dinner at the Fenton's. Josh showed off his cooking skills for us all and we had a delicious meal of rice, ham balls, green beans, and pumpkin pie. Clark was in good spirits, as usual, and Jon was very entertained by Clark's laugh and tricks. We all really enjoyed ourselves and were so thankful to be invited over! Thank you, Fentons!
Tomorrow we are going to attempt our first involvement in the worship service since Ellie has been around. I'm thinking it's time to figure out what everyone is wearing, pack up Ellie's diaper bag, and get ready for bed since we will have to have an early start if we will make it to church by 7:45! I'll let you know if we're at all successful...
![]() |
| Napping at Mimi's |



Thanks for the big update!!!' I cant believe how much Ellie looks like you. Out of all the sisters with their kids, you are the one whose baby most resembles you in my mind!!
ReplyDelete(of course I need an in-person assessment of Emmy!)
I amen Carly's comment
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you! That's fun to hear :)
ReplyDelete