The wonderful part of not having to work at all is having the flexibility to sleep in and plan my days as they come. On Wednesday morning I spent some time shopping online (Hartstrings was having a sale) before getting ready for the day. Grandma had asked us over to her house for lunch so we headed that way around noon. Clark, Kelly, Mom, and Grandpa were all there as well. I know I've said this before, but lunch at Grandma's house is better than lunch anywhere else in the area. So yummy! Ellie doesn't know what she's missing. We ate then heard a bit about Mom's time in Texas. Ellie and I hung around for a bit after everyone else left so that Grandma could get some time in holding her. Ellie always stays so quiet in Grandma's arms!
 |
| Clark checking Ellie out. |
 |
| He rocked her car seat back and forth |
 |
| And made himself comfortable on her diaper bag. |
 |
| Grandpa holding Ellie, his seventh great grandchild |
After Grandma's Ellie and I needed to run some errands. We went to Lowe's to purchase the shower controls (finally) then to Walmart to pick up a few items. This week is our last week getting meals from church - we will miss them so much! It has been so wonderful to not have to think about meals at all these past 4 weeks. I have been spoiled!
 |
| Ellie shopping at Lowe's |
I think that our weather has confused our roses, because they are in full bloom right now! (Unless that's typical - I really don't know). So when we came home from the grocery store, Ellie stopped to smell the roses. Why rush, anyway? We've got all the time in the world. Really, we do.
Then I asked her to put away the groceries. She asked if she could supervise. I thought that was a good compromise.
 |
| Naptime! |
Jon was hosting prayer group so Ellie and I hung out upstairs while the men prayed in the basement. Peter Mountz had used dry ice at school and had extra, so he did a demonstration for everyone after prayer was over. It was pretty entertaining! Ellie was not impressed - she slept through the entire thing.
Speaking of sleeping, Ellie sleeps in her crib at nights. She wakes up every 2-3 hours to eat. At one point last night I fell asleep in the rocker because I looked at my clock and over an hour had passed since she had woken up. Whoops!

Today was a slower day than yesterday. It was difficult to wake up but I think that's due to skipping naps the last few days. It worked out, though, because today was an extra slow day. Ellie and I took out the trash in the bedroom (ok, so I just take the trash and put it in the kitchen trash can...), gathered the laundry and put it down the chute, changed my sheets, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, dropped off lunch for Jon, made a fruit smoothie, and stopped by the post office. I may just go into shock next week when I have to actually plan meals, go to the grocery store, cook the meals, and keep the house clean. I really need to stop using Ellie as an excuse to be behind in housework! Jon hasn't seemed to notice, yet, so I think we must be doing an ok job. If I am not getting everything done in a day I do blame it on Ellie - she's just so much fun to hold!
 |
| Holding a sleeping Ellie this morning. |
This afternoon Kelly and Clark graciously met up with us in Summerfield to go on a walk. I just mapped it out and it was a little under a mile and a half...but it felt like longer! It was pretty warm out, so we broke a sweat. Well, Clark and Ellie shouldn't have.
 |
| Ellie checking out the park. |
After our walk Ellie spent some time in her pack'n'play watching the elephants than taking a nap. The pack'n'play looks dangerously full of blankets - it's not, really. She is safe I promise.
Tonight Jon was working on the basement so Ellie and I went to Mimi and Pop's house to hang out and watch some TV. Ellie didn't perform very well and instead slept through everything - not very exciting! Perhaps next time she'll wake up and show off her tricks.
I can't believe Ellie is already in her crib?! Don't you miss her at night? I have Emily right next to me in her bassinet, I like to make sure she is still breathing every so often. Weird I know...
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm posting again. I've been meaning to ask, are Ellie's eyes still blue?
ReplyDeleteHaha. I love the pics of Ellie smelling the roses and supervising the groceries . And Clark looks huge next to her! Big cousin protecting the baby girl!!
ReplyDeleteKatelyn- I would probably miss her more at night if I wasn't up feeding her every 2 to 3 hours...and I also hold her a lot during the day to catch up on lost time.
ReplyDeleteYes, her eyes are still blue. But they can easily still change!