Ellie fortunately calmed down and fell asleep right before it was time to head to church. I packed her in the car and we were only about 5 minutes late, arriving right as the study was beginning. Ellie fell asleep about fifteen minutes into the study and slept the entire time. She really missed out on a good lesson, though!
Ellie remained asleep as I packed her into her car seat, which never happens. I took full advantage of her sleeping and hung around talking with my friend from small group, Sarah. We talked about Monday night and how we should come up with something to do for the guys sometime. Any ideas?
We headed home afterwards and whipped up some grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. Jon came home at 12:30 to eat with us. I put Ellie down for a nap then did the dishes. After starting a load of laundry I decided to take a nap while Ellie slept. Sleep while the baby sleeps, right? She slept for 40 more minutes before waking up. I popped her pacifier back in and she slept another hour. I ended up waking her up to feed her before my piano student came at 3:30.
During the first half of the lesson Ellie hung out in her swing. When she was sick of the swing I held her before laying her on the ground once she became too loud. That girl likes to squawk! My student was a good sport about it but it makes me wonder if I should figure out something else for baby. It's hard because right now sometimes she's sleeping when they come and sometimes she's not. After she gets a better schedule I'll re-evaluate. She really wasn't too loud, in my opinion. I just don't want my student and her mom to get sick of it.
After the lesson ended I fed Ellie and changed her diaper. I wanted her to stay up to see Jon when he came home but she was really ready for sleep by 5:15. I had her in the high chair while I prepared dinner but gave up and put her to bed. Jon came home and we ate. Ellie woke up shortly thereafter and Jon hung out with Ellie until I had to leave for Bible Study. During Bible Study she slept and sat around trying to boo. She had a huge boo at Bible Study - I'm surprised it stayed contained in the diaper. Bible Study ended around 9:30 and we came home to Jon installing the wainscoting in the bathroom. It looks great! I'll post a picture after he primes it.
Ellie has been sleeping now for over an hour so I better head to bed. I think she must be growing because she's been sleeping a lot and eating as though her life depended upon it. Which it does.
![]() |
| Ellie with her gift from Elizabeth Dyer |

Awww Ellie belle is so adorable in that pic!! That's so fun to still be receiving presents for her!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful that she's still at the age that she can fall asleep wherever! I remember Kelsey and Jay growing out of that at about 4-5 months. Little Calla was never in that stage! Haha.
I heard you got snow today?! Via Facebook? Is that true? Ellie's first snow?