Kelly sent me a text before 10:00 saying that Grandpa wasn't feeling well so lunch with him and Grandma was off for today but that we could eat at the Fenton's. Ellie spent the morning eating and sleeping while I browsed some Cyber-Monday deals and caught up on the blogs I follow. Around 11:30 we packed Jon's lunch and headed to Morgantown. We stopped by Iron Mountains to give Jon his lunch since we wouldn't be home - he finished up the Thanksgiving leftovers.
The menu included tuna salad sandwiches, chips, a couscous salad, and apples. Kelly emailed us the couscous salad a while back and it was delicious! Mimi joined us and brought her computer, which was giving her trouble. After working on it for over 20 minutes Kelly decided it was a lost cause and showed Mimi her computer to use instead. Ellie took a nice nap on Kelly's bed while we browsed the internet and shopped around for a tree skirt.
I had a piano lesson scheduled for 3:00 at my house with Abby Hoke but Ellie was still sleeping soundly at 2:30 so I called and asked if I could push the lesson to 3:30 at Hoke's. They obliged so I headed out at 3:15 with baby in tow. I went home afterwards and picked up the nursery since Brenda Haak was bringing her granddaughter at 4:45 for her lesson and Brenda watches Ellie. Ellie was tired and fell asleep nursing but woke up when they arrived and poor Brenda once again had a cranky baby. She said she'll try to come later next week so that hopefully Ellie is asleep when she comes.
Leftovers are my favorite dinner option on days that I teach so we heated up the leftover chili. We packed up and headed out to Lowe's to look at tile and a chair rail for the basement bathroom. I'm really having trouble picking out the tile so Jon asked me to go over tomorrow and make my decision so he can move on with the project. Any advice?
Jon purchased the chair rail and went home to paint while us girls went to the women's craft night at church. Ellie hadn't slept for more than 30 minutes straight since her nap at Kelly's so I didn't take a craft since I knew she'd be a handful. I took care of Ellie and talked with the women for two hours before heading home. Jon had a fire going in the basement so I did some precepts homework before we sat down and watched the latest episode of The Amazing Race.
![]() |
| Napping at Aunt Kelly's house |
![]() |
| Jon pushing Ellie at Lowe's |
Jon is pretending to be Ellie crying on the monitor right now. I'm not fooled.


Choose a more neutral tile so that you can change the decor of the bathroom to anything. I don't think anything would matter after that!
ReplyDelete1. Subway tile? A lot of my girlfriends used that in guest bathrooms.
ReplyDelete2. I watched amazing race tonight too. Who are u cheering for?
3. Ive heard of downton abbey but I am not sure what or is. Explain?
4. I am sorry that Ellie gets cranky at piano lesson time! That has to be stressful!!!
5. Ellie looks big in the photo w her cousins! She's growing up!