Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We Vote for Romney and Ellie Gets More Gifts

This morning Jon was up at a good time and made us coffee. We had some apple pie left over from Friday night (shout out to Brittany - it was delicious!) so we finished that up for breakfast. When it was only 7:30 by the time we finished out pie Jon and I realized that we kind of missed hanging out with Ellie since we hadn't spent time with her last night. We walked in her room to see if she was awake and she was starting to stir. Since Jon wanted to hang out with her before heading off to work we helped expedite her wake-up time and Jon got some quality one-on-one time in with his daughter. She was all smiles for him.
We said bye and see you soon to Jon because he was going to come home to vote mid-morning. Ellie and I hung out and did some dishes, made the beds, and switched out the towels before doing some research for Christmas gifts online. I was going to do some laundry but I thought Boyd was coming to clean the furnace and I didn't want to be in his way (the furnace is right at the bottom of the steps). Convenient excuse, huh?
Jon came home around 10:00 after stopping by the Geigertown Grange (or the Grungy Grange, as we call it) to watch Ellie while I ran to vote. Before coming into the house he pulled my car out of the garage so that it would be a bit warmed up - it was chilly! When I voted I did have to wait for a parking spot but didn't have to wait to vote. I was the only voter in the room. When I walked around to the post office I actually had to wait in line to pick up some packages. Basically it was busier at the post office.
I had two package that came in the mail today - both from college friends. Elizabeth (Lindsay) Dyer sent her a fabric stuffed giraffe and Rachel Verville sent her two burp clothes and two bibs that are all personalized in a addition to an outfit! I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow. I can't believe these girls sent Ellie gifts! How thoughtful.
I sent Jon's lunch with him back to work and I fed Ellie before heading off to Grandma and Grandpa's house for lunch. Kelly and Clark were also there and we spent a little over an hour eating and catching up with everyone. Kelly had a dentist appointment so Ellie and I followed the Fenton's home so we could babysit Clark while she was gone. Kelly put Clark down for his nap and Ellie and I cuddled on the couch. Clark didn't wake up, which is not a surprise. He's such a good sleeper!
Napping at Grandma & Grandpa's

Since our furnace hasn't been running due to the lack of oil I asked Kelly if I could use her shower this afternoon since I had to teach a lesson at the Kane's. I really didn't think the Kanes would appreciate a greasy-haired piano teacher! After Kelly arrived home she kept an eye on Ellie while I showered. I proceeded to impose on Kelly's privacy by hanging around until 4:00 when I went back to Grandma and Grandpa's.
Napping after babysitting Clark
The imprint left on her face from the blanket
Grandma and Grandpa had agreed at lunch to watch Ellie while I went to teach my piano lesson. This was the first time I have taught the Kanes and they gave me a gift for Ellie! In it was a book, a beautiful dress, and a headband and sock set where the socks have these flowers on them. They're adorable!
I picked up Ellie and headed back to Geigertown where we waited for Jon to get home from work. Mark DiAddezio had sent home leftovers with us last night so we heated those up for dinner. Jon is getting close to tiling the basement bathroom so we went to Lowe's to scout out tile choices and then headed over to Doug and Donna's to watch some election coverage. After about an hour and a half of listening to random predictions we decided we had had enough and came on home. Now I'm just hoping Ellie sleeps well! She was a bit off tonight - fussing and a bit discontent. I'm hoping she was just grumpy and needed sleep :)
Warming up by the fire at Nana & Poppop's

Ellieisms:
Ellie does a lot with her tongue. You can see a small sampling in the video below.
Ellie only woke up once last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment