Jon once again woke up early and went running before coming home for breakfast. He asked if I wanted to join him. Sorry, but no! He ate and was off to work by the time Ellie woke me up at 8:30. After Ellie went back down I worked on my grocery list and ate breakfast. She woke up a lot earlier than I anticipated so I fed her and tried to put her back to sleep...unsuccessfully. I had received a text from Kelly saying that we were invited to Grandma's for lunch and we ended up pulling in right before noon. Everything takes longer than I expect.
Ellie was exhausted by the time we arrived at Grandpa and Grandma's house so I put her to sleep on their bed. We all enjoyed a wonderful lunch of vegetable soup and tacos - Mom, Kelly, Clark, Grandma, Grandpa, Dad, and me. The little stinker slept through the whole lunch and then some. I ended up moving my car so that everyone else could leave and waited for Ellie to wake up. When she did I fed her and headed home - it was already past 2:30!
I had planned to go to the grocery store but my Bjorn was in my car which was at the shop to be inspected. Ellie had just taken a long nap but I didn't really feel up to risking it plus I had plenty of work to do at home to keep me busy.
When we arrived home I brought Ellie inside and started preparing dinner. We were having grilled pork chops and I had forgotten to marinade them (the recipe called for 8 hours or overnight...oops). When I was finished Ellie was asleep in her carseat - something that never happens when we're not driving. So I took advantage of the situation and cleaned up the kitchen before camping out on the computer. I had brought home an old tupperware container of Grandma's that Grandpa thought was at least 50 years old. It has a cracked lid but she frequently uses it (it's a 9x9x3 container). Well I had looked online to see if I could replace it for her for Christmas and I saw that Tupperware has a lifetime guarantee. So I called them up and Carlos hooked me up with not only a free lid but a whole new set. He couldn't believe it was 50 years old and he didn't want to risk the new lid not fitting properly with the old bottom. All I had to pay was shipping. I think Grandma is getting her money's worth out of that investment 50 years ago.
Jon called in the mid-afternoon and I told him that I wasn't going to the grocery store and asked if I could go in the evening while he stayed with Ellie. He then proceeded to volunteer to go for me after work. Say what? Yes please! So I sent him the grocery list in order from back to front with a few specifics for hard to find items (egg noodles - on the very bottom shelf in the pasta section)
Ellie woke up and I fed her then put her to sleep in her crib. Well, she wouldn't have it. So I let her stay awake and watch me pick up her bedroom then the family room. I was hoping she would fall asleep before my 5:00 piano lesson but I was not so lucky. Brenda and Brooke showed up and I handed Ellie to Brenda warning her that she was tired. Poor Brenda! Ellie fussed almost the entire lesson, on and off. At one point I went and warmed up a bottle I had in the fridge to see if that would help. When the lesson was over I apologized, hoping that Brenda wasn't regretting her decision to volunteer to watch Ellie!
I texted Jon that my lesson was over and he called to say he was heading to Elverson to pick up my car from the shop. Then he went to Walmart where he called me a few times for list clarification (what size Greek Yogurt do you want?) and assistance (where in the world do they hide the french onions? Even the employees couldn't tell him that). He arrived home close to 7:00 and I had already fired up the grill so he grilled the pork chops while I cooked the egg noodles and prepared the salad. I have never eaten grilled pork chops before tonight but they were so good! I would recommend them.
After dinner Ellie went to sleep and Jon and I watched last night's episode of the Amazing Race. Jon's now in bed after his long day and I finished the dishes, vacuumed the first floor, washed the kitchen floor, and started the dishwasher. It's amazing how quickly I can clean the house when baby is sleeping.
Ellieisms:
This evening Jon was talking to Ellie trying to get her to respond. As soon as he switched to Spanish she started really talking and smiling.
I only took one picture today and it is so bad it's not even worth posting. Sorry.
Store managers seem to always hide the french onions. I am at the point that I buy them whenever I see them because, if I don't, I won't be able to find them at the store when I need them. Crazy. Love, Mimi
ReplyDelete