Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ellie's First Warehouse Sale

Yesterday Kelly texted and asked if Ellie and I wanted to go to a Hartstrings Warehouse sale going on at the Rockvale Outlets with her and Clark this morning. We could not turn down an opportunity to pick up some new clothes so we were all in. Kelly thought it would be best if we tried to arrive in Lancaster right when they opened at 9:30. This would require Ellie and I to leave at 8:30.
We tried our best to get out of the door. I checked my email after Ellie's morning feeding and saw Corinne's email about little Richard. I sent some emails around to my women's Bible study girls and small group. We finally arrived in Morgantown shortly after 9:00 - only thirty minutes late!
The drive out to the outlets was beautiful. It was a sunny morning and farmers were out in their fields and we could see pretty far. We arrived at the outlets around 10:00 and unpacked the car. When we arrived at Hartstrings I was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't too busy.
Ellie loves outlet shopping!
While I was tripping over several women in the girls' section Kelly had complete domain over the boys' section. Nobody was over there! We both picked out a few outfits for our little stinkers. Ellie didn't last in her stroller so she was soon in the Bjorn. She really doesn't like to fall asleep on her back unless we're driving in the car. Fortunately she gets all cosy in the Bjorn and was soon sleeping.
After Hartstrings we walked around to Noritake. The Noritake outlet is going out of business so the already reduced prices (50% off retail) were an additional 40% off. When I spoke with Mom she encouraged me to pick up some items that I might not have on hand. I priced out some items then we all headed to lunch since I wanted to run it past Jon first. We packed back into the car and went across the street to Chickfila. It works out that Clark doesn't walk yet because he had no desire to play in the playland. He did, however, find enjoyment in watching the other kids run and climb. We arrived right in time to miss the lunch crowd because we hardly had to wait and ten minutes later the line almost wrapped all the way to the back door.
Eating lunch at Chickfila
We stopped by the Lenox outlet but didn't make any purchases. Clark was at his wits end so Kelly packed him into the car and drove around to see what other shops were in the center while Ellie and I went to Noritake. We decided to purchase the covered vegetable dish and the coffee server. I think I may have purchased my own birthday and anniversary gifts for 2013...
It was past Clark's nap time but Kelly really didn't want him to fall asleep in the car and then have a short nap. So Ellie and I tried our best to keep him awake on the way home. At first we entertained him with Ellie's stuffed bumblebee from Mrs. Hornberger until he became annoyed with our antics. We moved on to the iPhone and began showing him videos of himself. That worked for a good twenty minutes and we successfully kept him awake the entire trip.
Ellie and I headed home and I put her to sleep in her bed. I did my Bible Study and precepts homework before doing another load of laundry (I really shouldn't drag it over three days...it just makes laundry more painful). Jon called and told me that his office was basically empty. He then called at 4:30 saying he was leaving a bit early (he had gone in early so it was an 8 hour day) and was going to pick up some work supplies at Lowe's. I started up dinner and was so happy when Jon walked in the door before 5:00. What a nice way to start our weekend! We ate dinner, watched The Amazing Race, I finished up the laundry while Jon finished the electrical in the bathroom, and now we're hanging out in the basement on our new furniture. Ellie has been sleeping since 6:00...it might be an early morning for me tomorrow.

We are keeping on praying for Corinne, Elijah, and Richard. I just found out that Corinne's phone battery died. I hope she is able to charge it soon so we can get an update. Fortunately the Lord knows what is going on even though I am in the dark.

Sorry it's upside-down. Ellie helping with the laundry


2 comments:

  1. Buy some Noritake I can give you for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a successful shopping trip!! And it looks like Ellie enjoys when you spread laundry out...more days to relax on the load.

    ReplyDelete