Friday, November 9, 2012

Ellie Sleeps Through the Week of Prayer

This morning I woke up with a headache. I told Jon that I was just going to stay in bed instead of joining him for lunch because of my headache. He told me he had a headache too. Unfortunately he didn't have the option of staying in bed. Sorry, Jon.
Ellie slept in until after 9:00 but I got up to shower and get a start on things before she woke. My primary goal for the day was to figure out the week's menu and go grocery shopping. Kelly texted mid morning saying that Grandma and Grandpa had decided not to go up to New Hampshire and were wanting a grandchild to watch. I called Grandma up and she said that if I dropped Ellie off around lunch time that she would make me a sandwich. Babysitting and lunch? Yes please!
I made up the grocery list and did some precepts homework before heading off to Elverson. Grandma and Grandpa were going to go up to visit Grandpa's younger brother Thursday through Saturday but had decided to wait since it snowed. Yesterday the forecast predicted 1-3 inches in our area. Well, we didn't get anything! I think I may have seen a snowflake when I was leaving Bible Study last night...maybe. Apparently snow fell somewhere else but we are in the clear!
I left Ellie with them and headed to Walmart. I'm going to try to go to a real grocery store every other week and Walmart in between. Well at least that's my goal. Grocery shopping took longer than I anticipated partially because my list was not organized (I usually have it written out by isle, starting in the back and moving towards the front). That will be the hardest part of actually going to a real grocery store - I know Walmart so well. Learning the layout of a new store is never enjoyable. However Walmart frequently is lacking an item. Today I could not find vegetable broth. I know they have had it because I bought it just last month. Oh well.
Ellie slept in Grandma's arms while I was gone. I think Grandma and Grandpa may have been napping in their chairs when I arrived. Everyone looked comfortable, at least. We headed home and I fed Ellie and put her down to sleep before emptying the groceries. The carved pumpkins from Friday night's party are still in my sun porch so I took one out and threw it behind the garage each trip out for more groceries. Half are out of the house! I really need to dispose of the others before they start rotting.
The rest of the afternoon was not very productive. I took a brief nap, made dinner, folded a load of laundry, and switched out my summer bedspread for the winter blanket and comforter. I thought it was finally time since I've now been wearing socks, pants, and a sweater to bed with my PJs. Jon, on the other hand, is his own personal heater and barely uses the blankets much less bundles up. More blankets for me!
Jon came home around 5:30 and we ate dinner and hung out with Ellie. She has been waking up right after dinner the past few nights which works out wonderfully. At 6:30 we packed up and headed over to Peter and Brittany's house since they hosted a week of prayer event. Cliff Montgomery led. We arrived early enough so that I could put Ellie down to sleep. Brittany has a wooden cradle that I put her in upstairs in the nursery. It took her a little bit to fall asleep (ok, probably 3 minutes) but she was sound asleep by the time the rest of the people arrived. She lasted until right before the song was to be sung, which worked out perfectly since Cliff had looked to me to start the song. Ellie had just started crying so I said that Jon wanted to start the singing and I left to pop Ellie's pacifier in. She went right back to sleep and I was downstairs again before the first verse was over. It seemed like John Barber picked the song because it was "Sweet Hour of Prayer" - an oldie yet appropriate for the evening's events.
Ellie didn't wake up again until we were done praying and eating the snacks. I had brought a bottle for her and she gladly gulped it down once she recognized that I was trying to feed her not just stick a pacifier in. She generally doesn't like her bottles until she realizes there's milk involved, then she's fine with it. I'm taking my sisters' advice and trying to use a bottle at least once a week so that she won't forget it.

Ellieisms:
Grandpa was laughing at how much she was messing around with her tongue this afternoon. If she's not blowing bubbles she's sticking out her tongue. She rarely has it in her mouth!
Ellie is getting on a better schedule. She is also still fairly easy to read when she's hungry or tired. Actually, if she's fussy and isn't too interested in eating she's just tired. This baby doesn't often cry without a clear motive!

Cuddling with Grandma

Bonding with Grandpa

Hanging out


1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Ellie with Grandma and Grandpa, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete