Wednesday was Thanksgiving Eve so I did not have typical Bible Studies to attend. Twin Valley had a half day so my piano student came after school at 11:30. During the morning I thought it would be fun to go to the Rockvale Outlets to see if some ornaments I liked at Pottery Barn were on sale at all as well as a pillow. Kelly wasn't up for going since she had been planning on going out on Black Friday so I texted Brittany to see if they had a half day at Berks Christian School and if she'd want to join me. Yes, they did have a half day and yes, she did want to join me. After my piano student I ate lunch while trying to hold Ellie off. She was very tired but I didn't want to lay her down in her crib since I would just wake her up when I transfered her so I put her in the carseat and carried her around whenever she became fussy. It apparently worked because she fell asleep and we were all ready to go when Brittany arrived around 12:45. The Noritake outlet store is going out of business (for those who didn't know) and Brittany's everyday dishes are Noritake. So we stopped by there and picked up a few pieces for her set before hitting up Pottery Barn. The ornaments I liked were sold out as were the Christmas pillows so I left empty handed but Brittany found some gifts for Christmas. We also looked at some clothing and shoe stores before heading home. We were home by 5:00 and I cooked a slice of Ellios for Jon and I. We just needed a little something to hold us over during the Thanksgiving Eve service since Brittany and Peter invited us over for dinner afterwards.
For the Thanksgiving Eve service I was playing in the orchestra and Jon was serving communion. I had to arrive at 5:45 to practice so Jon took care of Ellie in the back of the church. Ellie was just getting fussy by the time practice ended so I took her and fed her before dropping her off at nursery. I told them that she was just fed and should be tired and that she had a bottle in her bag just in case. I laid her down and left. The service went well: Tyler Estes led it and it was about...being thankful. After the service when I picked up Ellie they told me she had just fallen asleep and that she drank her whole bottle. She's going to be such a chub.
Jon and I stopped by home to change and pick up some stuff before heading to Birdsboro. Brittany had made a delicious ham and cauliflower soup and Jon and I both really enjoyed it. You can find the recipe
here. I didn't think I liked cauliflower but really I just don't like it raw. Go figure. Jon and I stayed for a few hours and weren't home until around midnight.
Thanksgiving morning started slowly for me. Jon was up and working on the basement by the time Ellie decided it was time to wake up around 9:00. I put together the vegetables for 20 people as well as took a shower and did the dishes before it was time to head over to Mom-mom's. Dinner was set for 1:00 so we arrived right at 1:00 with the vegetables hot. We didn't eat until almost 30 minutes later but it worked out. It was an average sized group but there were definitely fewer people in attendance than last year. A few people commented on how we were representing our entire clan.
 |
| Ellie seems to know she's wearing a silly shirt. |
 |
| Mom-mom's |
 |
| Why would you want salad? |
After dinner Jon went and played soccer with some of the gang while Ellie took a nap on Mom-mom's bed. We also Skyped Chicago for a bit and it seemed like they were having an enjoyable Thanksgiving. A lot of games were being played and Jon and I jumped in to the Battle of the Sexes which was a continually growing group of people. The boys won.
We headed down to Doug and Donna's around 6:30. Ellie had fallen asleep in Jon's arms while we were playing the game so I loaded the car so she could sleep as long as possible. She always wake up when she's transfered! When we arrived at Doug and Donna's she was tired. I changed her diaper, fed her, and put her to sleep. They were looking at old slides and I had to run upstairs a few times to pop her pacifier back in but she ended up going to sleep. Donna's sister's family stopped in and picked up Grandpop so we hung around to see them. We left around 9:00 and headed home.
 |
| Pooped. |
Today Jon woke up early to play ice hockey with the Stoltzfus family. He was the only representative from our family! As I walked around with Ellie in the Bjorn I was asked why I didn't play. Umm...
The white team won but it was actually a close game. Everyone agreed that it was the least disputed score and probably the most evenly matched teams in recent history. No one was seriously injured but I'm sure several people will be sore tomorrow morning from their falls.
 |
| Excited to go watch Daddy play hockey |
 |
| Watching |
 |
| There goes Jon! (In the blue & gold) |
 |
| Ellie takes sports very seriously. |
Jon and I headed home for lunch and I made the last of our sausage with eggs, peppers, and toast. Right as lunch was ready to eat Doug and Omar came over to drop off a load of wood so Jon went out to help them unload. I ate and ran out since I was set to watch Clark while Kelly went to the outlets. Clark was asleep when we arrived so Ellie and I hung out before I put her to sleep. Clark woke up two hours later and played until Ellie woke up close to 3:00. Kelly came home shortly after Ellie woke up and we hung out a bit before we headed home. Jon came home in time for me to heat up leftovers before he went out for a meeting. I was finally able to put Ellie to sleep (it was a struggle that lasted close to an hour. I don't last long I usually put her in, pat her bottom until I don't think she'll go to sleep, then take her out. Wait a few minutes, try it again). I did the dishes and some Bible Study homework before Jon came home. Then I prepared some snacks and drinks and we watched a movie by the fire. Jon's in bed and I'm so ready to sleep.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 |
| Our basement bathroom so far. |
 |
I tried to take a picture of Ellie and some of her gifts from my friend Rachel. Let's just say I'm not going to send this one... |
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Do you ever celebrate with the Mountz family or is that Sunday or something?
ReplyDelete