Today I did not have anything on the calendar during the day so I asked Kelly if she wanted to get together and do some crafts and ask Dorothy Bradshaw (our new pastor's wife) to join us. We went over around 10:30 and I cut out the pattern for the cosmetic bag I'm making to replace Kelly's Christmas gift one (I had made a mistake on hers). Kelly worked on a bulletin board for Clark's new room and Dorothy started cutting fabric for a purse she's making. For lunch Kelly made grilled cheese sandwiches and had cheeseburger soup. It was delicious!
Ellie was a bit cranky in the middle of the afternoon so I thought perhaps she wasn't getting enough to eat. Kelly had a banana that she mashed up for me (thanks!) so I used some formula I mixed in a bottle to thin out the banana and fed baby. She ate several bites then she relaxed and drank a few gulps of the bottle and relaxed on the bouncer for a while. Clark woke up and played with her and bounced the seat a bit.
 |
| Clutching her toy as she sleeps at Aunt Kelly's |
We ended up hanging out at Kelly's until almost 5:00. Ellie and I arrived home right before Jon and I changed her diaper before we headed out to Morgantown. Dave Culbert asked Jon to do a bit of electrical work at his house (they had tried and failed) so Jon and I decided to go pick out our tile for the basement and eat dinner before heading over to Churchtown.
We went to AJ's Pizza for dinner. Ellie was starting to squirm and be discontent and Jon had forgotten to bring in Ellie's diaper bag so he ran out to get it just in case I would need to nurse. While he was outside Ellie spat up a bunch - twice both large amounts. She was still in her car seat and I tilted her forward so that she wouldn't have problems gagging on her spit-up. She spat up once or twice more but not much came out. She had it all over her clothes and in her car seat so I changed her clothes while Jon cleaned out her seat. Fortunately the pizzeria was not very full so I could use a table to change her clothes (I spread out a blanket on it).
 |
| Little baby |
 |
| Sad after spitting up |
Poor baby Ellie seemed so tired afterwards. She did not cry at all and seemed so exhausted. Falling asleep for a bit in Lowe's Ellie slept until we reached the Culbert's. The Culbert's have three kids: William (3rd grade), Alex (1st grade), and Jordan (3). Alex is a VERY talkative girl and loves to get really close to you when she's talking. I did not mind at all and Ellie must have been feeling better because she didn't, either. Alex held her for a while and then we laid the baby on her back to interact with her. Jordan is a cute little boy who would bring her toys and also "read" a few books to her. Alex told me Ellie was her favorite baby (right after she asked me "what is her name again?").
Ellie ate well and did not spit up while we were at Culbert's so I'm thinking the formula was either bad or just didn't sit well with the bananas. I've decided to throw it away either way since it has been open for a few months since we hardly ever use it. If I had been home in the afternoon I would have given her a bottle but I had neglected to bring one to the Fenton's.
Jon and I hung out and met the Culbert's foreign exchange student from Korea and headed home around 9:00. Jon worked on our printer and I paid our electric bill online. Since Jon runs early in the morning tomorrow he's already in bed and I'm about to head that way myself.
Some pictures from the past two days:
 |
| Snoozing on Mimi's lap Tuesday night |
 |
| Cuddling with great grandma |
 |
| Ellie's new best friend: her reflection |
Okay, I know I am constantly doing this, but Emily ALSO likes her reflection in the mirror!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, in response to your comment on my blog: I haven't started Emily on solids yet because she has been sleeping well. However, last night she slept bad so if that continues then we will be starting soon!
ReplyDelete